Catch Covers worth it?

• brueggemanate
    NW Iowa

Are they worth it in a permanent wheel house. Not sure if I want to spend the money on them or try and make something out of a hinge or bracket.

MNdrifter

Totally worth it. In my previous FH’s hinges always got snapped off,twisted,bent, frozen etc. They don’t seal out slush/snow when traveling across the lake and road spray. I wouldn’t think twice. Just my .02.

Dave maze
    Isanti

Buy-em. They have been proven to be durable and convenient.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

For a wheel house its a no brainer, especially if you plan to use it for camping. You can walk on CC with no fear of braking them, well at #260 anyways…
    I would shy away from Fish Hole Buddy brand as they are not as durable as CC. The lower cost lures you in but in this case you get what you pay for. I do believe that CC has a lifetime, no questions asked replacement policy. check out their website to confirm but I think that is where I read that.

MClark

Definitely, as stated they seal up nice and tight, and stay that way over time. Never had one pop open.

I will also back up the comment on #260 rating. I have given them this test multiple times.

404 ERROR
    MN

100% worth it. Also worth buying the Catch Cover brand covers. I have seen many of the Ice products/fish hole buddy covers (the ones that come in Ice Castles) snap around the lip. In fact, I have a broken one right in front of me…

munchy
    NULL

I will also back up the comment on #260 rating. I have given them this test multiple times.

The tire of my wheeler parks directly on top of one of my Catch Covers. No issues whatsoever, hardly even notice it deforming shape.

Yes, Catch Covers are well worth it. They are typically on sale at Fleet Farm this time of year.

brueggemanate
    NW Iowa

Thanks for all the replies. I figured they were worth how simple they are to open and close. I’ve seen a few places have them on sale now so will probably get some while they’re still available.

Mike S.

I took it a few steps farther for my CC’s and got black spray foam at Ace and insulated the bottom side so now they do not sweat in the winter on the holes you do not use plus I took thin door weather strip foam and stuck it on the bottom side to seal it up tight so nothing will get through when traveling down a wet road. Probably a little overkill but it was cheap and easy enough to do.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.