short day on petenwell

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Made it out to the lake for a couple hours today. Unfortunately my dads semi broke down and I had to leave early to go rescue him. Kind of like cutting it off mid stream so to speak. Anyway, I set up in 20 feet of water on the channel edge on the east side. The fish were there but needed a little finesse at times. The majority of the fish caught were whitebass, along with four nice crappies. Three short walleyes were also added to the mix. All fish were caught on a buckshot rattle spoon with a minnow head. I did make room in the shack for a slip bobber rig with a minnow but no action on that. Will be back to the same spot tomorrow and hopefully I don’t have to cut it off mid stream!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Z-MAN, They plowed as far as the powerplant entrance. Their was tracks going down to the dam but I would not try to get a boat down there. They did plow the wayside on 21 but unfortunately it looks like they plowed in the landing.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Targa sorry your day got cut short

Good job on the ones you did get

They got even more fussy afternoon today

Id say boat fishing is out forsure Zman

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Jeez, I got a little nervous when I read your last sentence: “I don’t have to cut it off mid-stream!”

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

The fruits of my labor!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

OK Thanks for the info on the launch, fellas. I guess open water is out of the question for now, until we get a good melt, or they plow down to the launch. If I get desperate enough, may join you guys on the ice out there one of these days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.