Petenwell12-19-09

• Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Got out today from Wilderness Park for awhile.After a spooky crack crossing with the wheeler it was all good.Caught catfish,whitebass,crappies, and walleyes.3 slot walleyes with the biggest 25.5″.Most fish came on jigging spoons with flyer spoons being best. 16-23 fow was best also.

Btw while not being the “target species” catfish are a blast on a jigpole

Sorry Drew and wimwuen if I bashed your walleye reps by posting pics of you guys with catfish

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Was it you that couldn’t come back the way you went out???? Big John said the water opened up behind you??? I’m not trying to be rude, but do you realize the lower 4 iches is chip and chunk ice???? … way to iffy for this 50 year ice veteran… maybe next week with 2 more inches.. glad you caught some nice fish and even more glad your still alive. Lawrence

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

We were ok, and nothing opened up behind us. We inspected things pretty closely. Thank you for the concern though. As for the catfish, it’s pretty amazing how many we catch over there through the ice. I lost two at the hole today that were too big to come through the hole, and we landed at least 10.

We saw a guy driving a 4 wheeler with a full size trailer loaded with people almost all the way across the lake today too. I would’ve liked a little better ice near shore, but the main lake was very solid.

marbleyes
    Holmen, WI

It was a blast pulling those cats out on ice rods with 6 pound test line. I’ll do that any time when the walleye bite isn’t so hot. Can’t wait to go back for more. Hopefully we can get into the the walleye’s a little more next time.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Saturday?

We’ll be doing a little more moving and shaking, and looking specifically for the eyes. We won’t let Mr. Foomanchoo keep any cats or whites this time.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

crapp eyes????

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.