Bow-fishing on the Rock

• iceem84
    Stillwater, MN

Hey Fellas,

I will be at the Rock over Labor Day weekend. We have been going there for the last three years, the white bass bite and the dirty turtle just keep us coming back! I’m looking to expand my horizons this year and get out and do some carp shooting. I saw some guys doing it last year on Labor Day weekend, and it inspired me to bring the gear this year. Only problem is that I’m from MN and I’m not real familiar with the WI bow-fishing regs. I read over them, but those things are tough to interpret some times. I want to make sure I’m not breaking any rules, so I was just wondering if anybody out there knows the regs on bow-fishing on the Rock or just in the county in general. Is the season even still open out there? Is there a DNR number to call with regs questions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Other than that, how’s the fishing been? I’ll be out in a grey, red, and black crestliner phantom, feel free to stop and say hi if you see me out there, might not have any hot tips, but there’s a good chance I’ll have a cold one for ya!

krog03
    warrens wi.

wi fishing license is all u need. make sure bow is cased when boat is running.

iceem84
    Stillwater, MN

Well, had a great time at the Rock over labor day! Didn’t put too much effort towards bow-fishing, mostly cause I didn’t see the carp in the places I have seen them in the past years. The alge bloom (or whatever all that green stuff is) didn’t help the cause either.

We did get out fishing though. As usual, the white bass action was off the charts. Also caught a small wally, and a nice crappie.

Fun lake you guys have out there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.