White bass

• fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

My daughter and I hit Castle Rock today, first time in a boat, lots of water to cover. After lots of experimenting, we started trolling cranks, which produced all of our fish for the day. Between 1 pm, and 5 pm we boated 25 whitebass, 3 walleye, and one crappie. Would have like to stayed for the evening walleye bite, but there is always next time. Here is a pic from toda, taken from a cell phone, so quality not good

whittsend

Nice work!

We had a bunch of white bass busting the surface on Pepin yesterday. Each pass after seeing the surfacing fish would bring in hit/fish. A nice crappie also made it to the boat – smacked the crank so hard I thought I had a huge walleye… It was hooked in the mouth and on the side of the fish, so coming in sideways it also felt like a huge walleye coming to the boat. Fun!

Mike

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Now THAT sounds like even more fun! I always loved that down on the Sippi, when you would see the “popcorn action” on top of the water, cast a spinner, produce 3 to 4 fish. The surfacing disappears, and resurfaces a little ways away, sneak up and do the same thing. Always a blast!

We had the same thing happen yesterday on the ‘Rock with the crankbaits. One hook in the mouth, the other in the gill, the eyes we caught yesterday came in easier! Daughter got to reel in most of em. After a while she got “sick of catching fish”

boos1906

Good report and pics! Way to stay after it till you found out what was working. Looks like you had a great day on the water with your daughter!

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Fished “the Rock ” on Saturday amongst the traffic. Did a lot of trolling with shad raps. Caught a bizillion whitebass. Well, I lost count around 35. Walleyes weren’t as willing, I boated 2 short guys I am assuming due to the amount of rec traffic on the lake that day.

If you haven’t caught a whitebass while trolling, WOW. WHAT A FIGHT!!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.