Report 6/18-6/20

• waldo8680
    Stoddard, WI

I made my first trip to Castle Rock and did not know what to expect. We started by targeting walleyes below the RR trestle Thursday afternoon by pulling crawler harnesses in 10 FOW without any results. Friday morning we tried the same thing above the RR trestle but we targeted the edges of the old river channel, we caught several walleyes but only a couple were above 15 inches. We then decided to make a move to the opposite side of the lake and fish the area around the mouth of the Little Yellow River. We were pulling crawler harnesses on the bottom tipped with crawlers and minnows. We caught a lot of small eyes, a ton of white bass and a few crappies but lost a lot of tackle due to snags. The next morning we decided to fish the same area but higher in the water column to target the crappies. It was a good decision and we caught a pile of crappies, white bass and several walleyes with the biggest being 23″ and a few more in the 15-20″ keeper range. The key for the crappies seemed to be trolling at about 0.8 MPH with a gold colored blade on a crawler harness tipped with a minnow about 5′ down in 8-11 FOW. I might have to make another trip next weekend

whittsend

Wow, nice report.

Way to go!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.