Finally the first

• walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

Woo hoo, I made the first post in this forum! Now I need to find something to add that is actually worth a post.

jdlando4

I can actually share some Petenwell stuff from late last week. The fishing was very tough to go along with the weather. A might bit windy to say the least. Caught some legal eyes and short ones trolling and a few crappies mixed in. Didn’t feel too bad since there was a FLW Walleye tournament on Sunday where over half of the boats either never caught a legal walleye or never weighed one in and only 1 boat weighed in a 5 fish limit out of 58 boats. Really glad to see this forum.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I can actually share some Petenwell stuff from late last week. The fishing was very tough to go along with the weather. A might bit windy to say the least. Caught some legal eyes and short ones trolling and a few crappies mixed in. Didn’t feel too bad since there was a FLW Walleye tournament on Sunday where over half of the boats either never caught a legal walleye or never weighed one in and only 1 boat weighed in a 5 fish limit out of 58 boats. Really glad to see this forum.

Yikes, that is a tough bite. But someone always find them when you put enough good sticks on the water. Do you know what the winners ended up weighing?

dave53
    Altoona, WI

I was a co-angler in one of the boats that blanked. I think the winning weight was just over 7 lbs, like 7-3 or 7-4. There were lots of 1+ lb single fish bags, but it only took one to get you on the board. If we would have weighed a fish we would have been in the top 30 towards qualifying for the championship at Wissota. Now we have to work a little harder at the other events. It was a tough day on the water. Saturday got cancelled due to wind, so we fished on Sunday and it was in the 30’s when we launched. But still any day on the water is a good day.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Be down there on Sunday and Monday to fish with my brother. He will be starting tonight or tomorrow and I can add his info along with mine. I think he was going to start closer to cottage tonight on CR and tomorrow and Sunday on Pete before closing on CR Monday a.m. Of course all of that could change with a good day somewhere.

Mark

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.