Castlerock Bass?

• dave53
    Altoona, WI

Heading to Castlerock for a few days of fishing with my brother. We usually chase walleye there once a year, but thought we would look for some bass. Should I be looking for largemouth or smallmouth in this lake? What do I have the best odds of catching. He just retired so I took him musky fishing in northern WI a couple weeks ago, I got a mid 30’s, the guide got a low 30’s, but my brother didn’t get one. I’m hoping for better results with the bass. Any tips are greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Dave

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Fish the riprap area’s with top waters in the mornings for smallies. Weeds and wood up the yellow will hold nice largemouth. Frogging the emergent vegetation and throwing a jig on the wood and rock up the yellow also is good. Current in the river is good for both cranking and throwing jigs will get you bit.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I put my clients yesterday on a good smallie bite. We got good numbers of 12″-17″ on rock near the main channel. Took some looking, but when we got on them, they were schooled. Majority came on a 1/2oz Live Target gizzard shad (lipless) in Ghost Blue.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.