Walleyes Whiskers and Whities

• wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Spent the day trolling cranks on Petenwell with CLWuensch and Targaman. The bite wasn’t as fast and furious as we’d hoped but we caught a lot of fish. Channel cats were absolutley nuts today.

We caught at least 20 channels on cranks, all ranging between 3-7 lbs. We had about 10 eyes, 4 being legals, about a dozen white bass and a bonus 13″ Crappie. The key today was trolling the channel edge in river channel bends. Running cranks 5-6 feet down in 7-11 feet of water worked best.

You would not believe how hard some of those cats fought. I’ve caught 20lb carp on cranks that didn’t pull as hard as some of those cats. Thankfully Targa was there to fight most of them for us.

Wind was out of the pid south pid today. Nice 1 foot chop most of the day.

JimChellevold
    Wi, Crawford Cty

Nice Got to get up there again haven’t fished there in a couple years ..

soldiersdad1
    La Crosse, WI

Way to go wimwuen and company! Sounds like a fun day was had.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Targa catch cats without a picture is like Curt not showing off his sausage.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Yeah, there were a few times where all you could see was the bill of a crankbait sticking out of those channel cats mouths. I thought I’d take some pics, but I was worried BK would want to make a trip down here for a combo of Curtskys sausage and catfish trolling.

clwuensch
    Rockland, Wi

Just so you know, Brian, 50lb. of venison sausage being made this weekend with YOUR name on it! See you on the 8th!

Curtsky

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sounds like a good time

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Thanks for the fun day Marshall and Sausage Man! Hate thos pid winds.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Fished Pete last week. 4 days WTFS ended up with 30 legal eyes, 38 shorts, 45 whites, 3 slots, 4 crappies,1 perch, and waaay to many cats. Channel edges early with live bait and trolling late morn and afternoons. We got most of the shorts & whites trolling 7-10 ft down over 20 to 24 feet deep or trolling over a 13 foot hump.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.