Cass Lake Help

• Beav

I’m heading up to Cass Lake for the first time. Leaving Saturday the 7th and staying til the 20th. Though I will be pounding for muskies the majority of the time, my wife and daughter will be wanting to do some perch and walleye fishing.
    Should I plan on trolling cranks and crawler harnesses for the walleyes? Any other tips would be appreciated.
    As far as the perch, is there a preferred method for the bigger fish or is it just a matter of finding the better schools.
    Any pointers for a first timer?
    Thanks,
    Beaver

Anonymous

Beav,
    Perch action can be great most day this time of the year. Look for extended points with deeper water close by. Many of the perch will and should be schooled up of the points, normally the sandy area hold the better numbers. One good spot that is normally consistent is the point off of Star Island. There is a large flat off of the island and a Jig and Minnow up in 6-10 feet of water will normally get the attention of some nice perch along with a walleye or two. Good Luck…..

Beav

Thanks Sean. Looks like there are plenty of sandy points and flats to go around on that body of water.
    Thanks for giving me a good idea of where to start looking.
    Beav

Anonymous

The point in which I was referring to is the point on the SW corner of the island. Good Luck let me know how you did.

Beav

I’ll give you a report when I get back. Can’t wait, two weeks of nothing but fishing. Hardest decission will be which species to target and when.
    I think that I’ve got enough gear packed for ten people. But when you’re fishing for everything and anything, you have to be prepared.
    Thanks Sean.
    Beav

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.