Cass County MN fishing

• Tyler S Wiisanen

Hey I just wanted to make a post to have a discussion about fishing in cass county MN in longville MN are any of you guys familiar with the area? I am familiar with the area one of my good best buds had a cabin in longville and we went up alot and now that were adults and he now owns that cabin himself and ive been coming up for years that he thinks of the place like we both own it and we bring our families up whenever i help with stuff up there its mine has much has its his type stuff and its great so i bring my family up there and starting to actually fish all these different lakes that are around i was use to our 1 lake thats on the property and thats kego lake still a great lake to fish still catch bluegills bigger then both my hands put together but theres tons of lakes in the little city of longville of a population of 308 people but there so many awesome lakes but im not very familiar what the fishing is like in the area like ive fished leech lake before and long lake but theres so many heres a little list Blackwater lake, Cedar lake, island lake, Lake inguadona, Lake Winnibigoshish, Boy lake, Little Boy Lake, Little Woman lake, Child lake, Woman Lake chain, Woman lake, girl lake, broadwaywater bay, Long lake, Kego Lake, Mule lake, Ponto lake, Three island lake, Thunder lake, Wabedo Lake, Leech lake. I Could forgetting about a few others theres just to many to keep count in that little of a area but its a beautiful area and its a fishers weekend paradise when you come up to my buds cabin but anyways cut to the chase anyone got any ideas or have fished any of those lakes before and have some tips this weekend im gonna either get the boat out or kayak it depending on the weather and winds if its nice and calm one night i might just do both

Charles

What you looking for? Bass, Walleyes, muskies?

Deuces

My brain ran out of breath reading that grin

Haven’t gone this year but fished the woman chain quite a bit. Girl and Broadwater holds nice pannies. Nice northern action on the weedlines which are quite deep on girl. Some eyes in girl if you can find deep rocks and clam on the weedlines.

Woman fishes alot like leech imo. Same type of dingy water, weeds near the dropoffs can be real good.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Last weekend water temps were at 51.
    Crappies are staging for winter 17-19 fow anything tipped with meat was working.
    Walleyes are starting to strap on the feed bag and hittin cranks.
    I’m thinking the muskies are starting to look for a big dinner.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Very difficult post to follow, but you are in a great area for fishing all species. Spend some time on the dnr lakefinder website or app and narrow down the lakes and species you are most interested in. I have fished quite a few of the lakes on your list and almost all of them have potential. Good luck and try a little bit of punctuation next time, you will get more responses if people can read and follow your post.

Tyler S Wiisanen

yeah sorry just wrote it fast and kinda in a hurry ill fix it today tho but thanks for not being a total ass about it and thanks for giving some good advice i do appreciate it very much

Tyler S Wiisanen

awesomeness i wanna get up there this weekend forsure what lake were you on?

Tyler S Wiisanen

yeah sorry i was kinda in a hurry when i wrote this ill fix it so people can read a little bit better and will be able to reply with a better answer but all of the people that has posted on here with advice gave me all some good stuff and i really appreciate it ive been looking for a nice forums like this for a bit now all the ones i seem to join in the pasted were already dead and had old posted from like 4 – 8 years ago so its nice to see a good amount of poeple follow these forums.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.