Careful of p-line

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Bought 8lb test lost 2 jig raps this week on the crud. First I thought is was a bad knot. Tried again another rap gone. Pulled 20dt out test drag snap goes the line. Those rapulas are gold especially when you have the right color for where your fishing. Also replace trembles on the raps lost 3 nice walleyes from broken hooks. It maybe because I’m using the small raps 1’1/2 , but that’s what the walleye want. Luckily I stocked up on that Size and color. Time to restock.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

personally i would get within 200 yards of P-line. i had that issue many years ago.

but just my opinion!!!!!!

Brittman

Curious on other’s results.

I have 4 lb. P-line on an inline reel panfish combo. It worked well …

Buffalo Fishhead

I have used 10 or 12 lb test P-line CXX while salmon (coho) fishing in Alaska and it has been great, no issues at all.

Buffalo Fishhead

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I have been using the P-Line Floroclear 8lb on my open water rods for years without any issues. I have not tried any of their ice fishing line though

tim hurley

Love the 3# stuff, they load it for you at Thorne Bros. think they sell alot of it.

bfishn

Interesting, I’ve never had an issue and use p-line flouroclear on everything I don’t have braid on for ice and open water. I have never bought the ice stuff, just use the regular year around without issue.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

You should contact P-Line. Sounds like a bad production run.

Dang near anchor a boat with 8lb P-Line. Love the stuff!

[email protected]

-J.

Angler II

Bought 8lb test lost 2 jig raps this week on the crud. First I thought is was a bad knot. Tried again another rap gone. Pulled 20dt out test drag snap goes the line. Those rapulas are gold especially when you have the right color for where your fishing. Also replace trembles on the raps lost 3 nice walleyes from broken hooks. It maybe because I’m using the small raps 1’1/2 , but that’s what the walleye want. Luckily I stocked up on that Size and color. Time to restock.

I had the same problem with P-Line. I will never buy another spool.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Can you tell if the knot is breaking? Or are you getting sawed off? If it’s the knot breaking, what knot are you tying? Flourocarbon is not good with certain knots that create heat. You’ll see breakage with certain knots with any flourcarbon.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Yep I also run the 3lb stuff and no problems here. There was talk about knock off line awhile back. Maybe you got Chinese line?

CaptainMusky

Is this Fluoro? Fluoro is prone to snapping since its so stiff. Also when pulling the knot tight make sure you moisten it by licking the friction will cause heat and weaken the line too.

tim hurley

Even the clearest water nobody needs 100% flouro

CaptainMusky

Even the clearest water nobody needs 100% flouro

Right, I just use about 12 inch leader, but I have had fluoro snap multiple times.

CBMN
    North Metro

I have used PLine for years without issue. Have started to use Seaguar a bit more just due to what I have found locally… Only real issue I ever really had was with Berkley Vanish.

Buffalo Fishhead

I am not sure this is the situation here, but my fishing buddy bought a large filler spool of monofilament line and spooled it on a couple reels. He casted the rod and reel in his yard and the line was shredding and breaking.

He threw the rest of the spool of line in the garbage and called to tell me never to buy that brand of line.

I told him to check the guides on his rod to see if one was cracked or broken. He did the Q-tip test and sure enough, one guide was cracked causing the shredding of the line.

When he put the reel on another rod, everything was fine – the line was not the problem. He called back and said he had to go get the spool of line out of the garbage and told me he was glad he called to share his experience.

Buffalo Fishhead

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I have had that same thing happen and it will shred line pretty fast.

Ripjiggen

Never an issue with P-Line

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.