Careful at Rainy River – Wheeler's Point Access

• marbleeyes24 (Larry)
    Nevis

I want to inform everyone that there is a metal dock post that was not pulled out when the docks were taken out at the main public access at Wheeler’s Point. It was about 6″ under the water sticking vertically on the left side of the launch on Friday. The CO’s watched it happen even.

The post won versus my Ranger as I was stuck on it. Prop, lower unit, and a bunch of gashes/scrapes. Good thing for insurance ,but does someone have a contact at the county to reference? I think they should have some liability in this case…thoughts?

Side note: the fishing was very slow for the 6 hours were were out.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

I want to inform everyone that there is a metal dock post that was not pulled out when the docks were taken out at the main public access at Wheeler’s Point. It was about 6″ under the water sticking vertically on the left side of the launch on Friday. The CO’s watched it happen even.

The post won versus my Ranger as I was stuck on it. Prop, lower unit, and a bunch of gashes/scrapes. Good thing for insurance ,but does someone have a contact at the county to reference? I think they should have some liability in this case…thoughts?

Side note: the fishing was very slow for the 6 hours were were out.

That sucks – sorry that happened.

I would let your insurance company deal with the county. My guess is they will file a claim on your behalf against the county to get this sorted out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.