Can't believe the size of these wake boats on some of these smaller lakes

• Beast

Seen wakes going over the docks on the landing and they were off the water pretty high. I’m afraid someone in a small boat may get turned over on these little lakes.

patk
    Nisswa, MN

See the pontoon thread, everything is getting bigger. Every 2-3 years a new generation comes out and 500 pounds heavier.

I know how this site predominately a wake boat hating site. What I will say there are good lakes and bad lakes. There are wake surfers who drive with respect to shorelines and boats. They keep distance especially with their surf side wave.

Then there are others who don’t play nice. It’s these that are going to ruin it for everyone.

Right now I have two forums open on my computer, IDO and Malibu Crew. Yep, I’m not just a fisherman

tim hurley

Some of these boarders and skiers are getting hard core, I see them in April now
    (that crew seems older and more respectful)

Ross Gunderson

I can respect all of the use of the lake being it is a public right to use. The only thing frustrating is when others don’t respect distance or noise (no one wants to hear F bomb this and that). As the years go by all we can hope is that all are respectful.

Ice Cap

Fortunately our lake is not conducive to these huge boats. Rock piles and shallows abound. No bars or resorts so we get passed by for other more social lakes. But we still have nearly 5000 acres of water.

I don’t begrudge people who have these boats as I know several. My son is having his bachelor party here next weekend and one of his friends is bringing his wake boat. I warned him of the lake hazards and where to look out for them. I think he will be fine.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I hate these things with a passion. They’re loud, annoying, and the waves damage the shoreline. Way worse than a pair of jet skis.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I hate these things with a passion. They’re loud, annoying, and the waves damage the shoreline. Way worse than a pair of jet skis.

Agreed. Jet skis are like gnats. The wake boats are like killer hornets.

The “bigger, faster, louder” movement in boating makes me thankful to be on the river. That junk is definitely out here too, but with high water and a few random trees breaking way to the channel or randomly floating in the lake, many choose to run these things elsewhere.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.