Beef Heart Jig fishing Canada Pics

• fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Just returned from a five day trip to the Old post and Village on Beautiful Lake St. Joseph On Hwy 599 at the end of the road, north of Sioux Lookout.

John & Wendy Grace hosted us the post has much interesting history during the trapping years dating back to 1787 with the Hudson bay Co. The camp is the old HBC trading post

Check it out at http://www.oldpost.com
    A drive to wilderness fishing trip with fantastic fishing.

Fishing was fantastic, our boat caught 50 to 100 fish per the five day stay and had many doubles on, the lake is at least 100 miles long, the service is top notch nice hot showers in each cabin, and you can bring your own boat, but watch the rocks.

A Tip we took Beef hearts with us and sliced them in strips like leeches very cheap bait and it doesn\’t smell and wont go bad we fished with one zip lock bag.

The fish wacked them on a white jig head and white twister I fished a white jig with twister from berkley Gulp green which caught alot of fish Beef heart 1st place.

I did stay close to the jig and beef heart with my presentation but try it it works.

We also caught a number of blue tinted walleyes very cool the fish Jack is holding is one and the fish on the tub is one.

A few pics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.