Canada 8-23-29, 2008

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Well we got home safe and sound not as much as a trailer wire to replace. We decided to to hit Windigo Lake first as I wanted to get my friends on fish. The wind was blowing a good 30 mph when we got there and throw in a drizzle that would still find a way to get behind your rain suit. I have a 1850 Crestliner with a 150 and felt safe taking 1/2 loads out to my camping island. I had heard from Brent the owner at the Frontier Mart in Pickle lake that a group of 13 guys just came back from there. It looks like they stayed on this Island also. I’ve never seen such a mess and a group of slobs. I can’t believe the mess they left, I’m still upset. We ended up keeping 3 large tarps, boots, good fire grate, bungy cords and more. We brought back 12 cans of empty propane tanks, 4-5 gallon buckets filled with garbage and burned a lot more. Anyway, the fishing was good but not GREAT like usual. We picked up two 27 inchers, 1 39 inch pike and lost a couple other big fish. the river (between the two lakes had cloudy water and 3 trips there only produced 5 eyes. Normally it’s 5 eyes in 8 casts. The wind was up most of the week but when it let up we were able to get on numbers. The best run was 40 in an hour, good but not great for up there. With the weather and running a little low on boat gas we decided not to stop at Stirland Lake about 40 miles South on the gravel. Bonus for the trip was a couple nights of Northern lights.

Doug

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.