Clearwater/Pipestone Chain

• diver1080
    Yorkville, IL

I am a little late on this post, but I was up at the Clearwater/Pipestone chain the week of June 23rd for my anual trip with my dad. This year, due to the late spring, the conditions were 3 weeks behind and the fishing was fantastic. With water temps in the mid 60’s at the begining of the week we were finding the smalies on their beds. This provided some awesome sight fishing for some pig smailies. We took pictures of so many that I could not pick which ones to post. They were averaging about 18″. In addition to the great bass fishing, the muskies had the feed bags on. We boated 4 with the smallest being 32″ and the 2 largest (pictured) being 42.5″ and 50″. We also boated about 10 pike that were over 10 lbs with the largest being 42″ (pictured). We were having so much fun with the skis and bass that we almost forgot about the walleyes. We did manage to pick some up late in the week, with the larest being about 27″ (pictured). Most of the bass that we were getting were on tubes and other plastics, but by the end of the week the water temps were up and they started hitting topwater baits. Most of the walleyes and pike were hitting crankbaits, with x-raps being the best. The muskies were also coming on big crankbaits and one on a Topraider. This was by far our best trip to Canada and I can’t wait to get back up there.
    Diver

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.