Canada report

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

After seeing the other report and getting all excited I thought I should ad my report from ealier this year. I’m also planning on going again August 10-17th. This trip is something I’ve been doing for 25 years. I guess I’m getting old. We camp on Crown land, have excellent fishing, good times and has never cost me more then $400 leaving from my door for the week. Beer is extra. Where we go you can’t use live bait so most walleye are caught with jigs and tails. The northerns we pick up on spoons and buck tails. The deepest spot on this lake is 29′ deep. Average fish is 18″ with the largest caught at 27.5″ The biggest Northern or Jack went 38″ but several caught from 34-36. I’ve attached some pics….p.s. I’m packing to go again in 9 days.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

A Northern that grabbed a Walleye and wouldn’t let go!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Chase R. with a Walleye

howler
    bagley wi.

Nice fish

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Nice report Doug.
    That campsite cannot get much closer to “shoreview” IMO! Nice!

What part of Canada do you go to? Not specifics, just an area would be interesting to know!

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

The trip is about 100+ miles north of the town of Pickle Lake. It’s all gravel road.

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Looks like a great place. I wish I could go with you. Wait I did just go with you this year and you are going again without me that’s not nice you know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.