canadian border regs

• tstatz
    wis

does anyone have experience with the canadian regs this season.can we bring in frozen minnows?how about the potato deal? walleyedds

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’ve got a question too. Do you need a passport if you walk over the bridge from International Falls to F.F.just to pick up a Canadian fishing lic.? Will be going to Kabatogama, Rainy area and would like to be covered just in case I cross the border on the water while fishing.

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

no passport needed for land travel this year

timmy

Remember this as well – if you cross on water…you need to follow all of the same rules as on land such as no minnows, leeches, or crawlers in dirt. Also – alcohol is prohibited from even being possessed on the water – unless you are in direct travel to a residence. Zero tolerance with heavy fines.

And the biggee – make sure everybody in the boat has ID and a Remote Area Border Crossing Permit (RABC)(available at the customs office or via mail – requires a background check….recent DWI convicts need not apply). Without a RABC permit, you can not enter Canada without going through a port of entry (customs) and you must check back into the U.S. via either US Customs, or a phone call to them.

Tim

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Birth certificate for land travel this year passport next year.

No potatoes. Canned potatoes are allowed as are frozen hashbrowns, ole’s etc. Just not raw, in bag, potatoes.

Call one of the border stations at either Fort Frances, ON or Rainy River, ON. if you have any specific questions.

Rainy River/Baudette 807-852-3341

Fort Frances/International Falls 807-274-3655

tstatz
    wis

thank you for the #s. iam heading for lac seul the 15th

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks for all the info.

shermanator
    Nebraska

Had an interesting conversation with US Fish and Wildlife as we re-entered the US. The ‘new” guys that went up with us fileted the northern pikes the “other ” way. (2 ways to filet a pike and not have a y-bone) Well, we ended up with some, and he had a loooong discussion with my dad and me about how that is wrong. Long story short, thank goodness I had the 7 y/o son with me, or I would have had a ticket. Moral of the story… filet and pack your own D##m fish.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It appears the passport requirement for entry via land has been delayed. News Release

Sully

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.