Canadian Opener countdown!

• Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Got word the ice is off our favorite spot! Headed to the Northwest Bay of Rainy! And another favorite little lake! Leaving in just over 24 hrs. Forecast looks better than it did a week ago so we are going for it! Anybody else headed up?

whittsend

Hey Paul —

I’ll be headed up to Labelle’s in 3 weeks… I would be interested in the report if you would be so kind when you return!!

I’d assume that things are a little behind schedule right now as far as water temps and weed growth, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing… Hope you guys do well and get into some fish! Have you fished up there a bunch before??

Do you fish mostly NW bay, or do you get up to Ash or Alexandria at all? Or main lake portions? I’d assume it would be mostly shallow post spawn stuff right now, and more transition stuff when we get up there in a few weeks…

Anyway, best of luck. Let us know how you did when you get back!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Hoping to spend some time up that way in June too… Hoping to spend some time up in red gut…

Mark

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

We’re a little further north, so our ice went completely off Saturday. Would imagine that most lakes on our parallel and just north of us are ice off as well.

Great day of fishing Saturday… rivers are 45 degrees and walleyes are spawned out. Will post pics as they come in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.