Where you goin’ in 2013?

• trapsht
    Rockford, Il

So….has anyone made plans for a Canadian trip in 2013? Where is everyone headed? I’m still not sure where I’ll be as of yet…time to start thinking about it.

c_hof
    New Richmond, WI

Heading to Cedar Lake, Ontario. Has been an annual trip for the last five years, but missed last year for the birth of my daughter.

We target Muskies in the morning and evening and walleyes in the middle of the day. It’s always a blast.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

The Boys and i will be heading to the English River. fishinf for Eyes and Northern. Will be enjoying the vast beauty of the landscape from Maynard falls to Seperation Lake.
    I just love it. The boys have to be 12 yrs old before they can go and Boy # 4 gets to go this year. he has heard many fish stories from his older siblings and the anticipation is building as we chat. The area always seems to rise to meet all expectations.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Playa Del Carmen in Jan – Amberjack
    Cabo in March – Tuna and Dorado
    Belize in late April- Bonefish
    Canada ( Rainy Lake ) in June, July and Sept – Walleye , Bass and Crappie
    Alaska on July 10-20 – Salmon and Halibut.
    Montana – October 24-29th for Trout

Then, I am done for the year.

Dog

big_g
    Isle, MN

We will be heading to Brisebois in Northern Manitoba in Mid-June again

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Seriously…..tell me your retired so I don’t feel sorry for myself.

buck-slayer

Going to fish LOW and another big lake near Nestor Falls for Lake Trout. Met a guy in a walleye tournament I fish in May. He is always showing pictures of these huge trout he catches. Told him if there is ever an opening I’d love to go. got the call a few weeks ago we leave on the 9th and return on the 13th. I’m pumped

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Looks like I’m heading to Pasha Lake this June and Rainy (US side) early August.

Every year I think about LOW, but never commit..it’s such a big body of water. Is LOTW so popular because it’s close to the border, or because the fishing is just that good?

njhoelz
    Albert Lea, MN

I’ll be at our cabin every other weekend throughout the summer.
    Going to hit the usual haunts on Rainy and check out a few nooks and crannys I’ve never been to, much farther northwest than my usual places.

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

I went up there years ago and never fished Pasha lake make sure you have a boat. I remember we fished Onnamon and lots of days on Nipigon.

Quote:

Looks like I’m heading to Pasha Lake this June and Rainy (US side) early August.

Every year I think about LOW, but never commit..it’s such a big body of water. Is LOTW so popular because it’s close to the border, or because the fishing is just that good?

bigpike

Lake Nipigon for 10-12 days in mid-June. Plan on camping on the lake this year for a few days weather permitting and this will allow me to fish a section of lake I have never accessed!

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Our group of 5 is in the planning stages, has anyone ever done a houseboat rental out of Sioux Narrows? Looking for the good and bad compared to staying at a cabin or lodge. We did a fly-in last year to a lodge but didn’t like being tied to the lodges meal schedule, we want to be more on our own this time around.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

I never rented a houseboat here, but I have rented cabins here. I know from dealing with Dan and Norene (owners) they keep everything in good shape. We have looked a few times at the house boats to rent,but always ended up with cabin.
    http://www.lowhouseboats.com/ Most people head out past Yellow Girl for the fishing and docking. About 15 miles of a beautiful boat ride.

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Canyon in July

kpredator

if things work out hope to go to tobin,sask river in october
    bay of quinte in november.
    hopefully get laid off in sept to fish this fall
    good luck on your trips
    kp

Chad Thompson
    2 hours from Thunder Bay, Ontario

Agree with you Justin… I’m heading to Pasha Lake this summer… oh, and I’ll be there in the spring and fall too.

rseymourt
    Hager City WI

Heading to Eagle lake June 11, Some nice eyes 23 to 29inch in June of 2011. Fall of 2012 got a 45 inch Musky. Going t0 Pine Beach Lodge. Great place/people.

samill1
    Marshalltown, IA

Stanleys West Arm Camp on Eagle Lake – awesome fishing!!! Great camp, boats, and people. Lots of opportunities to portage too . . . . usually go for the opener – hope the ice stays a little longer than last year(April 12th) – want ot catch some lakers in the shallows.

notime

Heading up to Red Lake Ontario in June. 15th year

shermanator
    Nebraska

21 days and counting Lake Athapapskow!

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Quote:

21 days and counting Lake Athapapskow!

Where is that?? What species?

Andekev8343

Headed to Hyatt’s Manion Lake Camp near Mine Centre, ON for 5 days over Memorial Day Weekend and for a week in mid-June. Staying on Manion for Memorial Day weekend. Staying at a outpost cabin on Pettit in June.

Been going there for over 10 years. Always catch lots of walleyes, northerns, smallies, and lake trout.

ariat
    Ottertail Lake,mn

heading to Hobbs resort on cross bay. Grand Rapids, MB. Haven’t been there for 9 years looking forward to going back after fishing lac seul the past 8 years I am looking forward to a change of venue for a year. I will definitely be back to lac seul just not this summer.

shermanator
    Nebraska

@trapsht- In Manitoba- Target walleye and lakers.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Route Lake, Canada

396ranger
    Cottage Grove MN

One more for pine beach lodge on eagle lake in July

basser
    White Bear Lake,mn.

Back a week(15-21)from Northern Lights, in Ontario. Awesome week with many hog walleyes and smallmouths.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.