Canada Lake Trout Trip

• EMH

Hello all,
    I had so darn much fun fishing lake trout on Ft. Peck this summer I’m thinking of putting together a quick Canada trip this winter(I live much closer to Canada then Ft. Peck).
    The question is where to go?
    I live in Northern WI so Ontario is the obvious choice I imagine, I’d rather not drive more than about 8 hours.
    I’m looking at Nipigon and Lake of the Woods currently but I’m open to suggestions.
    Does anyone have any recommendations for guides?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I watched a show yesterday called “Fishing Superior” I think. He was pulling Trout out sitting on the ice. Thats all I know, I only watched a minute or so as all ice fishing is the same to me.

buck-slayer

I’ve gone to Musky Bay Resort (google it) nice accomidations great fishing. Need a snowmobile you can fish the lake the resort is on or go over to LOTW. 17lbs was my biggest was a fun trip. Im to old to do it now.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Fish Cheq bay, it’s right out your back door.

Dan Hofman

Recommend you check out Browns Clearwater West Resort on Clearwater West Lake. Its near Atikokan. https://www.brownsclearwaterlodge.com/

They also have a facebook page.

Its a premier lake trout fishery, winter and summer. Includes access to adjoining White otter lake which I have fished for years open water. I have not been there in the winter but know people who have.

Dan

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not sure if the same Clearwater lake from above. But the Clearwater lake near the pas in Manitoba is a Great Lake Trout location with some of the biggest lakers anywhere along with good #’s of smaller fish. Never wi tear fished it but fished it once in the summer. Saw a few monster fish caught and caught a bunch of smaller fish.we were not there after the lakers but I wish we had been.

Corey sunderman

Don’t you have some good lake trout water right in your back yard if in northern Wisconsin?

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

Check in with Robert Tolen at Vic and Dot’s Resort on Whitefish Bay Lake of the Woods. He’s a great host and will put you on fish.

https://vicanddotscamp.com/

Greg D

I’m doing this trip in 3 weeks. Clarks Anishinabi ice fishing adventure.
    They have snowmobiles available. A great adventure. It all starts in Vermillion Bay ON. Not far from LOTW.

I have no affiliation with this camp.

Trevor Hebel
    Roseau, MN

Sioux Narrows, Ontario on Lake of the Woods

knoppers
    big lake, backus

we did our annual trip to andy lake resort, north of sioux narrows every year the 3rd week of january and chased nothing but lakers. andy lake is a walleye lake, we rode our sleds to many near by laker lakes and did very well. caught lakers through the ice up to 17 pounds. fishing lakes dryberry, hillock, winnage, and gibi. dryberry more of a trophy lake, and winnage and gibi numbers lakes.

my avatar is on gibi lake

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.