Calhoun/Harriet

• AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

It doesn’t count if you’re jigging in my old hole…
    toast

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Whateva!!!

tim hurley

Dave-going to a small lake by ‘Tonka for pike-good shot at a larger pike on this lake-more lines mean a better shot at something-have to hike gear in-good year for that w/o much snow-could meet up if you want.Gotta stay mumm on this lake though. This lake is better than Calhoun or Harriet IMHO.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

When are we going!??

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Tim, just let me know a day before you guys go so I can drill Dave’s holes for him!

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I will take all the help I can get! Then turn around any out fish you out of your own holes, right Jake?

No shame in my game!!!

tim hurley

Sunday morning, early-I can PM some details. Smack talk always welcome!

tim hurley

Sunday morning-early—-Smack talk always welcome! I’ll PM you some details.

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Oof.

Chris

Was out yesterday on calhoun (and the last few saturdays), 20-25 fow, probably 50 small perch and couple of larger marks that I couldn’t keep pinned. Has only one eye so far this year. This colder weather has the bite slowing down. Surprisingly no sunnies or bass when I move to a shallower weed edge? But I’m assuming they’re just piled up somewhere.

queenswake
    NULL

I drove by yesterday and saw a couple houses way out in the middle. I couldn’t tell if they were still on the drop down or over the true 80 foot holes. I wonder how they did.

TipUpFishOn

Tried a new spot on Harriet last night, set up the tent in about 18 feet. Marked a couple that came up to look but no takers. Saw a few more that stayed tight to the bottom. Tried hole hopping a bit but nothing. Definitely slower, going to blame the incoming weather..

tim hurley

Dave-got you off of Calhoun where you would have caught ZERO!! Brought you to a lake where you caught ZERO! Oh well beautiful day-I could have caught a nice one, who knew pike have teeth that cut line? Great to meet up-good luck on the river.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

But it was a beautiful morning and a cool lake. It brought back tons of memories of my youth being back in the west burbs. Great morning, always nice meeting new people and getting some fresh air!!! Thanks for the invite

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Error

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

Chris and Bonawitz(sp?) those lakes, particularly Calhoun, have been a tough nut to crack this year. They both traditionally offer a pretty consistent weedline walleye bite. Especially Harriet. It’s just that some years the fish just tend to use deeper structure/basins more. Hopefully after this crappy weather we can put together at least a half-assed bite!

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.