Cabin fever

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Watching open water fishing shows this weekend is driving me crazy. I don’t really get a kick out of ice fishing. I sit in the boat in the garage sometimes and rearrange things and talk to her. Even had a great, extended Fall. Can’t wait. Pickle ball and football help. I’m ready. Hang in there everyone.

TH

It’s taken me a few years to admit I don’t care for open water fishing. Too many other things to do in the summer. My ranger Reata gets very little use. In the winter, wind doesn’t blow me around, no bugs, no boat traffic. I ice fish 5-6 days a week all winter. I’ve had a great winter so far. Have caught lots of walleye and eelpout too. No cabin fever here.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The boat show always gets me in the mood for fishing season again from a boat.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I’m not far behind in your thinking TH.I’ve got cabin fever only because we have not had any ice until this polar front hit us today.
    I can’t wait for next wknd,gonna be a long week.

wirivereyes
    Central WI

Interesting how we all have our own roads. I absolutely love open water fishing from April 1st to December 1st most years. My ice fishing has dwindled to a few times a year on the Pete. Almost more of a feeling I like have an obligation to get out. The beauty of fishing, so many facets people can explore and enjoy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

76 Days until the locks open up…

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I got out to Pool 4 a couple weeks ago that helped. But I have to say, having a golf simulator place open up a block away from my house has been the only thing I’ve needed lately. jester

I just haven’t had any motivation to ice fish this season, let alone the no ice part. I’m sure I’ll pick it up again here soon.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

A sure sign of Cabin Fever setting in, is all the threads are argumentative and barely outdoors related, if at all. Looks like this year it set in early! rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Ripjiggen

Happens every year here.
    I think the cold freezes some brain cells.

tswoboda

Winternet is in full swing here, myself included!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot-2024-01-18-142951.jpg

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Cabin fever is something I’ve never suffered from. Similar to the people who say they don’t know what they’d do with themselves in retirement, I can’t imagine getting to the point where I even have time to think about having not enough to do. Much less actually having not enough to do and wishing for a change of seasons to give me stuff to do.

And then there’s the list of stuff that I’d love to start doing or start doing again, but that I can’t even touch right now because of work/kids/family/volunteer time commitments. Holy Moses is that a long list.

Bass Pundit
    8m S. of Platte/Sullivan Lakes, Minnesocold

I’ve been ice fishing enough this winter to scratch the itch. I’m about even on days I wanted to go but couldn’t go for one reason or another and days I didn’t go because I didn’t have the motivation to get out.

Matthew Sandys

I bought a new to me boat at the end of September. I did not get out enough in it and I want early ice off. 12-inch Garmin to mount to the dash and rig the transducer. Spring can’t come soon enough.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Went ice fishing at Winnie this weekend. It was ok, talked smart with the fellas, and watched FB. Still much rather be in the boat.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Late ice here on Pool 4 has basically reminded me how much more I enjoy the boat than the ice. I’ve been out some poking around and wetting a line, but nothing really serious and I don’t feel slighted.

When it comes to choosing between ice fishing, and doing my own work to try and get caught up, it’s essentially a coin toss. Like Grouse there’s just not enough time between family, 2 jobs, land and machine maintenance, and my own projects.

Umy
    South Metro

91 days to opener. ( close but not exact I know)
    65 days til I leave for Big Bass Bash on Lake of the Ozarks in April
    90 days til we head up To Rainy for Opener
    No ice fishing yet this year. Schedule has not been conducive much less the ice.
    Love ice Fishing.
    Love open water even more. I dream myself to sleep every night catching fish sleeping

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.