Cabela’s Ship to Store Follies

• Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

I ordered a depth finder and transducer mounting bracket off Cabela’s website and had them “ship to store”. According to their website, both items were in stock and they should arrive at the Woodbury location in 5 to 8 days. They hit up my credit card the next day.

Nine days later I call them and the lady says it’s really more like 8 to 10 days, check back later. OK, I check back later and the next guy says he has no idea where the product is, and he has no idea when it should arrive. But I should check back in a few more days. OK, a few more days later they still have no idea where anything is, but they were “Sure it would arrive by Friday”. Needless to say it still hasn’t shown up, and they don’t know if or when it will ever arrive. And suggest I wait for another few days! At this point they’ve been making baseless promises to me for three weeks. And they still don’t know anything.

I told them to cancel the order and credit my card. The “manager” says he can’t do that UNTIL THE PRODUCT ARRIVES. OK, if it actually ever arrived, I wouldn’t need to cancel the order, right? He ended up transferring me to somebody in Nebraska and they said they canceled the order and credited my account. Fine

Now in all fairness, everyone I spoke to was polite and nice. Fine. However none of them had any actual information and apparently they don’t have any way to actually track anything or tell me anything useful. I understand that shipping isn’t what it used to be, but at least they could honest with me.

I’m glad there are other places to do business with.

SR

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve experienced issues with Cabela’s and Bass Pro too when I ship items to the store. They’re very eager to charge me for the item but there doesn’t seem to be a whole lot of incentive to get the item shipped in a timely manner and when you inquire about it, the answers are often very vague. I think you get free shipping directly to your house if you spend a certain amount so I would recommend doing that if you reach the thresh hold.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Reeds is right up the road. They aren’t going anywhere and they will ship to your door.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Cabelas has been awful for in store or home shipping. I bought some things on line a while back. All said in stock. Well it’s been over a month and 4 of the in-stock things are still who knows where. But 1 pack of hooks showed up, and they won’t return my 79 bucks or give me a answer on my fishing gear

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Call your credit card company and ask for help in canceling a fraudulent sale. Once you explain the circumstances and they can not prove you received the item, they’ll cancel it

Brittman

I have never had a true problem with Cabelas/Bass Pro on either ship to store and ship to home. Everything arrives in tact.

Sometimes I pick up in-store and walk right to the return counter. Which was my plan … since it was not available in the store and I wanted to check it out.

Many items they have to ship originate from the producer … blinds for example.

That said, their email updates and tracking number updates are not to the same standard as most companies (big to very small).

maddogg

Call the credit card company and cancel payment.

stevenoak

Don’t think Johnny Morris brought Cabela’s up in the world. My brother had 2 lifetime warranty items denied since the merger. I’ve yet to deal with a store employee that wasn’t pleasant, or tried to help within their ability. But corporate policies have chosen bottom line over customer service. You get that as your choices go away. My brother lives 5 minutes from the first BPS in Springfield MO. When they opened, their prices and warranties were unbelievable. Now I can buy crank baits cheaper at my local bait shop. I have way better luck with Scheels and Fleet Farm. But my best luck is with the few remaining Mom and Pop shops. Couple of them took very good care of me the last couple years. Getting me guns or ammo when I wanted it. 30 year relationships with small retail can have their advantages.

Gregg Gunter

I worked for Cabelas before and during the meltdown. Even sold the Club Card. Cut up my card and got a Scheels card. Simply the best service ever. Order came in today for Power Pro and Seaguar flouro leaders. They are what Cabelas was!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.