C List Nutjob

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That’s hilarious! See those prices, ouch. Nice dark coloring though.

Only sells a couple a week, cmon man, let’s say he does it for half a year, that’s only 50 crappies sold. There are people who take that many in a single weekend.

wormdunker

Can you legally SELL fish you catch? I don think you can advertise selling fish that are caught from our lakes can you?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Can you legally SELL fish you catch? I don think you can advertise selling fish that are caught from our lakes can you?

I never thought you could, they can be gifted but that’s even a strict process (see page 25 of the 2016 reg book. Page 28 addresses that sale of gamefish is explicitly illegal unless you’re licensed commercial, private hatchery, or aquatic farm license. What is not defined, is crappie a gamefish? I would hope so. crazy

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

So lets say I need a crappie….a 20″er. I say to myself, I wish I knew some fishing genius that could catch one. I would pay big bucks for that maybe negotiate a price higher than any intelligent person would be willing to pay then pay more to have it stuffed…..I would be willing to risk buying this illegal fish on top of everything.

OR

I could just go buy a Graphite reproduction at a fraction of the cost.

I think I am going to contract him just to set him up with the DNR…… What the heck I will even wait for a 30″ I am sure he knows where some roam.

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wormdunker wrote:</div>

I never thought you could, they can be gifted but that’s even a strict process (see page 25 of the 2016 reg book. Page 28 addresses that sale of gamefish is explicitly illegal unless you’re licensed commercial, private hatchery, or aquatic farm license. What is not defined, is crappie a gamefish? I would hope so. crazy

Yeah I think it is pretty common knowledge you cannot harvest fish for a profit.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

It’s nice to know he has ethics. He only does a couple a week so he doesn’t over harvest. coffee

So if this is illegal, someone should suggest he mount them first and then sell them to stay on the up and up. )

hnd

i can google crappie pics and get a long lasting reporduction mount. what difference is doign that vs having some chucklenuts catch one for me.

15″ isnt’ that big out of a farm pond either.

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Looking at the pics doesn’t really convince me that he can even get his hands on anything over 16″. If you are this guy, you find the biggest and best pics of your fish to post with this add. Which I would assume you would also put the craps on a bump board to “prove” length. While those are very nice crappies I wouldn’t say they are much over 15″. Plus they are fish on the spawn, which means those are prob the biggest crappies he has.

I am over analyzing this dudes post to much….I am done.

big_g
    Isle, MN

DNR sting.. it is illegal to buy them as well….. crazy

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

That came to my mind to. One problem. I think they have better things to do. I’d sure hate to see them wasting their time phishing, unless of course they were investigating a guy known to be trying to buy crappies online.

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

Well we will see what happens. I assure you the DNR now knows about it…….

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The butthurt level is high on this bawling

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

The butthurt level is high on this bawling

The fact that illegal activity doesn’t bother you, bothers me crazy

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

It bothers me that it bothers you that it doesn’t bother me. doah

Guy sells hundred panfish a year, what does your average guide pull out for his customers in a year? In the end it comes to people wanting fish, yeah a guide has other aspects to it but in the end it’s about the fish.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

20″+ crappie would be near record fish

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

has anyone emailed the listing yet, may be be fun to play a little game with him….

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>big_g wrote:</div>

That came to my mind to. One problem. I think they have better things to do. I’d sure hate to see them wasting their time phishing, unless of course they were investigating a guy known to be trying to buy crappies online.

It’s not going to be a sting, IMO. It would be a massive headache to get a conviction in each case because predictably every buyer would claim that they didn’t know it was illegal. After all, it was in plain sight on Craigslist… It would seem to me that the effort to get a conviction would be a very low ROI on the overall effort for each case, but who knows?

What’s the maximum fine and restitution for selling game?

Personally, when it comes to panfish, I’d like to see the DNR crack down hard on serial over-the-possession-limit anglers.

Grouse

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

It bothers me that it bothers you that it doesn’t bother me. doah

Guy sells hundred panfish a year, what does your average guide pull out for his customers in a year? In the end it comes to people wanting fish, yeah a guide has other aspects to it but in the end it’s about the fish.

I can’t believe I’m even responding to this educated comment…

To answer your question my clients keep a few to mount each year. The rest of the big females go back in the water to get bigger yet and continue to spawn. I pride myself on teaching people ethics as well as how to fish, all while having a great time. And then you compare me to someone that breaks the law?

Do you have anymore questions about following the law I can help you with?

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

Update, this has been handed over to an officer for investigation.

My opinion, no one is above the/a law no matter the level of the infraction.

Any leniency opens the door to wanton waste down the line or at least MANY anglers offering up something like this.

The guy is obviously not very educated, I can hardly understand his add. I am guessing he is just ignorant to the law.

2 nights ago I boated 5 largemouth over 5 lbs…. a few muskies….1 gill 1 hybrid over 10″. That’s at least a $2000 night under this guy pricing structure. I think I might try that!! idea doah

Alagnak Pete
    Lakeville

I couldn’t handle it, I had to email right away and do some fishing of my own.

i just found out that it might not be legal, not sure yet, to sell fish caught , so i wont start doing it after all

thx for the email

On Fri, Jul 1, 2016 at 6:48 AM, Pete M <[email protected]> wrote:

How much would you charge for me to come with to fish, and throw them back?

MNSmallieGuy
    Minnesota

A couple nice crappies + a couple cases of beer = Great Idea……..Genious, not.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.