Bumper Crop

• Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Each year as the days cool off and the crops are harvested, my house is swarmed with Box Elder Beetles. But this years batch seem to be more plentiful than other years.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

You know what’s weird, I don’t have a single one at this house. I moved May 2022 about 6 miles and my last house had tons of box elders. Not a single one here.

I’ve got those marmorated stink bugs here though, and I never had those at my last house. Quite odd.

JEREMY
    BP

My stepson was out saturday pulling the wings of piles of them things. I thought it was funny til I realized he smeared the rest of their bodies on the side of the house which is white.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

That’s interesting. I just said to my wife yesterday that it seemed like we had way less of them this year than if past years

Karry Kyllo

We have alot of Boxelder Bugs this fall but the Asian Lady Beetles are thicker.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

This year the Japanese beetles were way down, boxelders are appearing (I have boxelder trees) but way down from last year. Stink bugs all over the past 2 years.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The Asian beetles that look like ladybugs were out by the tens of thousands at my farm. I had to spray the entire side of the shed because there were just millions of them and they get in the shed and are everywhere.

You can buy sprays at Menards that have residual effect and they really do work. After I sprayed the shed if you looked in the grass beside it there were millions of dead ones laying there.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Grouse, I thought dawn dish soap and water killed them. or is that just the box elders?

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Grouse, I thought dawn dish soap and water killed them. or is that just the box elders?

I have been using lots of dish soap and it has no effect on the Asian Beetles.

Wildlifeguy

Box elders have been light so far, don’t expect as many this year as it was too dry during their breeding season for the really huge numbers, saw the Asian lady beetles in big numbers for first time today, in Mpls of all places. I expect the calls for those to start next week. On the stink bugs, pay special attention if your bathroom fans vent on the roof. I spent last winter spraying the inside of the fan covers in bathrooms. I think the record was 75 packed into one. I don’t know why they like them so much, but I have 2 seasons of evidence to tell me they do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.