Bullheads

• Tyler Schaefer
    Southern Minnesota

Who has a Good Deep fried Bullhead Recipe? Im asking because if i come across a few bullheads on the ice this winter i might keep some and fry ’em up! But i need some good Bullhead recipes in order to do so. Thanks.

Rivergills
    Wisconsin

I know they are really good smoked. Never had them fried.

gary d
    cordova,il

Little salt and pepper. Dust them with flour. Fry them in butter. You cannot go wrong this way.

jerry b
    western WI

Rolled in flour, egg wash and fried in bacon grease. – – jerr

KP
    Hudson, WI

So my sister lives by a small lake in Plymouth MN that apparently has a ton of bullheads and i plan on going after them. Now as a kid i use to catch them with my grand parents and we would keep them but that was a good 20 years ago. Any one have tips on how to clean them. My memory has seem to faded away from all those beer smoothies back in my college days. peace

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Small ones cut skin around the head and behind the fins then peel off the skin with a pliers, gut and pull out dorsal with the pliers. Leave the tail on for a tasty crunchy tidbit. Bigger ones do the same but nail thru the head to a post. The most timportant part in cooking them is the bacon grease, there is no substitute. Btw I was originally from Iowa

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.