Buddy heater

• The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Was using my big buddy today and it would work as normal but after about 4 or 5 minutes it would cut out, would not restart until you heard it click after a few minutes, then it would fire back up but do the same thing! Anyone have similar issues? Do these use a thermocoupler? T.I.A. also tried a new full tank and same result

munchy
    NULL

The thermocouple is the piece that stick in the small flame at the bottom. Try cleaning it with a fine sandpaper and adjust it closer to the flame.

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Northern Tool has them on sale.

rjohnson8404

Was using my big buddy today and it would work as normal but after about 4 or 5 minutes it would cut out, would not restart until you heard it click after a few minutes, then it would fire back up but do the same thing! Anyone have similar issues? Do these use a thermocoupler? T.I.A. also tried a new full tank and same result

Are you running it with a big tank or just singles?
    Sometimes I have weird issues when I run a 20 but don’t have a single on the other side.

Gregg Gunter

I use wire brush the size of a toothbrush to clean the thermocouple.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Clean the thermocouple tip with sandpaper lightly and also use a qtip with acetone (carb cleaner) down in the pilot light hole. Also use the carb cleaner straw to blow some cleaner down into the pilot as there is a very small jet in the bottom that can get clogged.

Very simple units to work on if you have a mechanical mindset.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.