brushy this past weekend?

• honda75
    Iowa

Anyone fish it this past weekend. Heard some guys had to walk through the woods to get back to their vehicles and as they left the rescue unit was heading out there. Didn’t know if there is any truth behind that story or not????????

timbergrit
    Raymond, Iowa

We fished on Sunday and had little to no luck. We start fishing around 7am and left at sunset. The water was alitte cloudy and there was alot of food (bugs) on the bottom. We end up with 1 bass and 1 perch all day.

The ice was 6-8 inches on the north end, after this week I’m sure it will be mostly gone. Some open water around the island on the north end with a huge crack east and west of the island. The ice was cracking and buckling alot, couple of times I was reaching for the zipper on the tent.

Anybody going out this week or weekend be really carefull, spring is just around the corner.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I know 2 guys that had to walk to one of the gravel roads to get off the ice because they were past the island. When they headed back there was 20 feet of open water between them and the other side of the crack. They also told me they met the search and rescue and that they had a bout out on the lake. I would suggest not trying to fish Brushy on the ice any more thid year.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.