Hows the ice holding up

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I’m planning on heading back to Brushy this weakend. Havn’t been there for two weaks now, so I was just wondering if anyone knows how the ice is.

elheldt
    N E Iowa

I was there yesterday [jan.9]. Drilled about 16 holes, all about 12 inches. the ice was solid and void of snow or water on the ice This ony pertains to the northern third of the lake. Did not check the rest of lake.

timbergrit
    Raymond, Iowa

Thanks for the post guys. That’s good to see that the ice is still thick.
    Soooooo how’s the fishing?
    It’s always a toss up. Go to the big river or go to brushy?

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

Unless I’m in a boat going for eyes there is no toss up. I always get much better panfish out of Brushy than the river. And if you can figure out the eyes at Brushy you will be darn happy with those too. Right now you probably better have a boat if you are going over to the river anyway

eyetracker
    waterloo Ia

Sooo…When are we going grit? 40+ tomorrow and high winds . Shack is ready, how about the boat?

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I fished sat and the ice was still a good eight inches. I did notice some spots around trees in the NW arm that looked like they had been open. They are still driving 4 wheelers all over the lake. Although I did not get into any big crappies I did see 3 in the 14 inch range sat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.