Any up to date reports?

• awnyerneas

Hey! A buddy of mine is going off to the marines and he wants to go fishing this weekend. Problem is we both Don’t ever really go. We were thinkin about goin to brushy creek and just wondering if anybody knew if it was worth it. We are about 1.5 hours away. Or if there are any other really good lakes latley that might be good to try this weekend within that distance? We suck so any tips or ideas would be awesome!

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

1.5 hours in which direction? I’m in Cedar Falls and if I wanted a sure thing, I’d go to Clear Lake for the Yellow bass. Small 1/32 and 1/16th jigs with small twister tails in chart, white, and some other fancy color would do the trick. Keep moving, don’t sit in one spot and cast them right up on shore, NOT NEAR shore, but on shore and retrieve. 80% of the boats are too deep to really kill them most of the time. Brushy is a hard lake to predict. If we don’t get too much rain it could be fantastic this weekend. Bass should be moving to shore and the panfish will be around shore or in the 1st line of trees. It’s a much tougher lake to fish well than Clear Lake. Good luck.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

bigesox, nice to here somebody else knows how to fish the yellows. Why is it that all those boats fish out 20 to 30 feet from shore and the waders walk on top of the fish. I’m headed up to clear lake right now so I’ll let you guys know how the bite is this afternoon sometime.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Lucky you Sauger,

How’s the dam at Nashua? I’ll be in my home town New Hampton this weekend and I might need to go home through Nashua if the eyes are worth a shot? DNR says it’s the best shore fishing place they know of in the area. Can’t make it to Clear Lake anytime soon, too bad, the yellows I caught earlier this year were running pretty good sized.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I don’t fish the damn here much after the spawn. Not alot going on and it’s not worth fighting through all the fair weather fishermen to get to the water. I think the yellows are done at clear lake. Fished five hours today and only got 7. I suppose those 90 degree temps this weak got them to finish up ther spawn and I’m asumming they scattered back out in the lake, but who knows they have been a little strange this year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.