Help

• skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Started thinking last night about maybe taking a trip up to brushy sometime this summer. I’ll be fishing from the shore, so I was wondering if there’s anything in particular I should look for to help find some fish. Also what should I be using for bait? It doesnt matter to me what species I’m catching either, I just wanna be able to go and have a good time and get a fish or two or several. Any help would be appreciated. Also, i would prolly be fishing in the early evening until it starts getting fairly dark. Thanks.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

I’d suggest slip bobbers off one of the more remote jetties with leeches for walleyes. The jetties on the east side look better to me for walleyes. The jetties on the west side have more bass and bluegills. There I’d suggest pieces of crawler also on slip bobbers. You could also try small minnows since big gills eat them too. The more remote you can go the better. There look to be pretty well used trails coming down to all the jetties. The west side jetties from the boatramp north just look better and better. There’s a good rip rap shoreline quite a ways up from the shelter area north of the west boatramp. Anywhere along there should have some panfish and bass. I don’t know anything about those wiskered fish. Good luck.

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Thanks for the help. Now I just have to pray I’ll have time to make it there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.