Crappies On

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Was wondering if it’s time for a crappie trip to Brushy yet? Seems like they must be on by now, but haven’t heard any reports. Yellows are allegedly on at Clear Lake so maybe it’s time for that trip. I’d rather go to Brushy if it’s worth the trip since I hate jet skies.

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

John,

I am going to try to get up there tonight. I’ll post late tonight if I do and let you know what I get.

Clay

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Clayfish, You’re the best. I assume you’re after crappies or walleyes, but if the bite is on for bass or gills, I’m interested in that too. Brushy is so much more fun to fish than Clear Lake on a crowded weekend, I’d much rather go there.

Wish I could post more reports from my area, but the Cedar is out of commission for a few weeks now with the floods and all.

slabs

WENT YESTERDAY GILLS WERE BITING BUT CRAPPIES WERE REAL SLOW GOT 5 NICE CRAPPIES AND 25 NICE GILLS BUT CRAPPIES WERE TOUGH ,WATER IS PRETTY MUDDY STILL

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

thanks Slabs, We’ll be looking for the biters tomorrow regardless of species. Gills are ok, but we’re trying to teach a kid how to feel for them. Hope we can find some crappies suspended in the trees or willing to chase along the shore. I’ll post how we do.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.