NW Ia

Is it working? Thanks James
    Ryan Hale

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Looks like she works…

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I hear this is a very nice body of water for fishing. Can anyone tell me about it? Exactly where is it located?
    Thanks, Bill

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

Bill, it is 2 miles south of hwy 20 between Ft. Dodge and Webster City. Real easy to find. Great fishing too.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks. That explains why my old fishing buddy, who moved back to Fort Dodge from Rochester, knows about that lake. Its very close to Fort Dodge. Look forward to some fishing reports on that lake then I can tell him whats biting on that lake and he will wonder how I would know.
    Thanks, Bill

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Bill…not alot going on yet my Uncle was down there last night fishing off shore. He told me today he managed one little eye about 15-16 inches. Keeping my fingers crossed for some warmer weather to move those slab crappie in to shore. I’m not sure what the water temp is right now it’s a deep lake max. 70 foot so it will take a bit to warm up. If I here of a good bite I will post the info for all to see.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome to the website Panfish. If I remember correctly you are only 30 miles east of Ft. Dodge which means you are pretty close [15 miles maybe] to the lake. Is it a lake or a wide spot on a river or ? How big is the lake? Sounds like a deep one. Any restrictions on boats there? Thanks, Bill

panfish
    Blairsburg IA

Bill the lake is 690 acres not all that wide all it’s just a damned up valley. It has a no wake limit on any size motor. Yes it’s only about 20 minutes for me to get there I don’t fish it as much as I should though. Being a fairly new lake the fish have grown quickly. Eyes are getting up around 7-8 lbs already with crappie up to 14-15 inches. Also a strong population of channel cats and gills a few perch also. The method that people have the best luck on is a leech on a slip bobber. SO MUCH standing timber in the lake it’s just about impossible to troll. You can be in 50 feet of water and have tree tops sticking out right next to you. This is a lake that you don’t really want to fish at night out of a boat. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Good Luck Todd

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the info. Sounds like quite a lake for its size. The fish seem to grow pretty fast there. Should be a good lake for people to fish on this year. Thanks for sharing. We ALL learn from each others sharing.
    Thanks, Bill

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Bill,my family spent a week on this lake a few years ago.It is a very nice fishing lake.As Todd says there is a ton of tree’s in the water making it very hard to pull crankbaits for any distance at all.The bass,bluegill,and crappie fishing can be great.It’s a great lake to take kids,the gills will keep them busy.
    Ryan Hale

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Ryan.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.