Brule Backwaters

• pyake

Fished the Brule Backwaters for muskies with Tom Gursky last night (7/16). Skies were threatening but the rain managed to hold off for the most part. Had several follows and boils between 6:30 and 7:45 PM on topwater baits. Things slowed down for the remainder of the evening. The most exiting part of the evening was the large wake that followed Toms buchertail to the boat, then dissapeared into the stained water . At the end of the day, no mooskies were boated but man what a pretty evening.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Nice report Pete! Boy I didn’t know DIGITAL cameras could put so much weight on a guy?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Good humor Tom! No matter your personal view of the pic, that’s a GREAT picture! It’s a great mix of light and dark and it’s an excellent background for showing what a fisherman does best……………relax, fish, and enjoy……………..with or without the “special effects lens”.

I like that pic so much it makes me wish I could have been there. Moments like that one are rarely duplicated.

tom_gursky

You are welcome anytime Mr. Positive !
    I can’t believe how we have all these great lakes to ourselves up here in the U.P.

pyake

It’s not the camera, its just that my boat is too skinny…

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’m actually going to be up that way Sunday but if I stop to fish anywhere it’ll have to be on the WI side. I don’t want to buy a MI license without some good use out of it. So that means I won’t be hogging up any space this year but who knows when that might change?

tom_gursky

Stillakid these are “boundary waters… you don’t need a Michigan liscense to fish em! Either state will do.
    Come on dude! We’ll put you on some scary Gators.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Whoops! Tuned in too late to get this valuable piece of advice!!! Well, I may be heading up that way again sometime and “scary gators” sounds VERY inviting!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.