BRP bought Alumacraft

• Bernard Campos

I’m sure Evinrude will be the preferred motors and others will be an up charge. One option is to buy the boat only and have the motor of your choice installed locally. Would that make any difference in total cost? No idea. No question in my mind that BRP did this to grow market share for Evinrude among other things. Won’t surprise me if they start out offering some deals in 2019 and 2020 just to get more motors out there and create some buzz. With BPS/Cabelas merger Alumacraft and Evinrude lost some high profile dealers, places where lots of people see boats even if they aren’t shopping for one. This acquisition is going to put both brands in front of a lot more eyeballs by instantly adding hundreds of dealerships.

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Might end up being a good way to get a good buy on an alumie & etec combo. I would want an etec anyway if I were buying a new rig.
    #lovetheetecs
    #skidooguy

jcberg26

As an Alumacraft dealer I can also add that Mercury and Yamaha pulled out of their agreements with Alumacraft. We can still get these motors direct and install but they will no longer sell to Alumacraft since they are now owned by a competing outboard company. Kind of silly but I’m guessing HONDA outboards will be seen on more Alumacraft’s from now on!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.