Broken Back

• Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

A good friend of mine, fellow Marine and fishing partner fell out of a tree and broke his back last weekend while helping his niece. His house isn’t wheelchair accessible at the moment and he may be confined to wheels for a while, so I am trying to gather a group to help build them a ramp and make their house more wheelchair friendly. Any help with prayers for quick healing, labor, or Home Depot/Menards gift cards for supplies will be greatly appreciated. Feel free to text me at 218-235-7960 if you are able to help in any way. The work day is tentatively set for Sunday from Noon until we are done. Thanks!

munchy
    NULL

It would probably help to give a location.

Dan
    Southeast MN

Mr. Putnam and your friend, thank you for your service!

I would think that if the right people/groups/veterans organizations got word of this there would be some physical and monetary assistance coming your way. Look into the Legion, VFW, Disabled American Veterans, and other good organizations, they may be able to help.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Does your friend also live in Ely?

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

This is in Saint Paul… sorry I need to update my new location

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

I met with his wife again today and she explained more of the details of his injuries alongside an estimated range-recovery time. It will be months at the earliest before he will be able to return home, so we will be postponing the construction until later in August or September.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Might be a good idea to have his wife set up a GoFundMe page. Easy way to take donations. (People can use a Credit/debit card to make a donation)

Semper-Fi fellow Marines. wave

-J.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Keep us updated with dates.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

This Saturday 8/26 at noon we will be organizing to build this wheelchair ramp in Saint Paul. If we aren’t able to finish on Saturday, we will continue again on Sunday at Noon. His recovery has been exceeding the doctors’ expectations and he got accepted at the VA (awaiting a room assignment) which should substantially help out with their finances through all of this.
    If you are able to help out at all this weekend please message me on here, or call/text me at 218-235-7960 so I can get directions out and inform of any plan changes. Thanks again everyone.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.