Brand new at Iowaboy1’s Shop!!

• Iowaboy1

In the never ending pursuit of making engines run to their fullest potential we keep getting blindsided by pizz poor, let me rephrase that, absolutely sh!t fuel here so I made a substantial investment in something new.
    Let me preface this by saying, I use and highly recommend Schaeffer’s Neutra 131 fuel system cleaner that flat out works better than advertised, problem is, too many boats dont use ten gallons of gas during an entire summer here.
    Even with the best additives money can buy, they simply cannot keep up with lack of use, condensation, extreme heat, poor maintenance etc.
    This problem is getting worse as I type this, reformulation of fuels so that they meet specific standards, no lubrication in the fuel, engines being forced to run leaner than they should, more and more monitoring so that the engine might reach an engineered design life while doing so efficiently and then toss in the human equation of,,,, I am trying to be polite when I say, some of ya’ll are just trying too hard to be a tight ass!!
    ??? yep, you choose the cheapest oil and fuel you can buy with your money cause after all, its a motor, oil is oil and gas is gas, and it ran good last time out, see?? it will take it,,,,,,,,,,, and it ends up at a shop like mine and you have the nerve to bitch at me about the repair cost!!??

On the other side of the spectrum, and thankfully, many of you folks strive to take care of everything you own, I tip my hat to you and say you are the customer I enjoy working for!! Salute!!
    At the end of the day, your motor sadly like those that dont get maintained still suffer from crap fuel after a time.

Without further ado, here ya go, a machine designed and built right down in Florida USA !!
    I talked to the manufacturer of this machine and it is thee first of its kind here in Iowa!! I am the first to own one here!!
    An M5000 computerized fuel injection tester and cleaning machine, it will test fuel injectors of about any OHM resistance out there from 1 OHM and up, it pulses the injectors just like it would be on a motor from 1000 RPM’s to 9999 RPM’s and it will read the OHMs anywhere in between those revs.

I can manually test them, auto test them, write up a before and after report that will be included with them when you get them back.
    Once they are flow tested, I will clean them in an included ultrasonic cleaner all the while being pulsed while in the cleaning tub, from there they will be flow tested again, if any need an extended cleaning to get them to flow right, that will be done before they are released back to the customer.
    If any cannot be brought back to life, we simply supply a new injector.
    I will replace the filters in the injectors as well as the O-rings from the inventory included with this machine, that way when you get them back they are ready to install back into the motor, no waiting on seals!!

I maxed out the options list, these options include the rails so that I can clean the air injectors and fuel injectors in the Mercury Optimax motors as well as many other HPDI injectors, and I got the bigger ultrasonic cleaner.
    I have to say I will not be testing and cleaning Etec injectors, with no parts support in a few years I didnt want something that I could not make pay for itself.

With this machine I have the ability to test/clean Marine, Auto, ATV, UTV, quad, snowmobile, and many other injectors out there.
    I am posting this a couple of days early, I really wanted to show it to you set up and running in our shop but it will not be here until next Monday so this one pic will have to do for now.
    I’ll try to post a video of it working in our shop by next weekend.

Attachments:
    1. M5000-fuel-injector-cleaner-machine.jpg

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Hey Sheldon, Is the fuel stabilizer the same as Schaeffer’s Neutra 131 fuel system cleaner?

I’m only finding stabilizer on line when I look.

Thanks sir

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Dang pretty soon you’ll be able to do heart bypass surgery!! waytogo

Congrats on the new toy sir!! Your one of a kind fixit up guy!! waytogo

Iowaboy1

Yes it is, I probably wrote its name wrong,, to give you an idea of how potent it is I had a shop teacher from a nearby town buy a couple of bottles a month from me to use in his small engines class.
    I asked him one day what he was doing with it, he told me he put it in a spritzer bottle and sprayed it on pistons that were heavily carboned up and wanted them clean before they were reinstalled in the motor.
    Overnight the piston would look like brand new !!!!

Go to their website and read about other things you can do with it, I have done those things and you would be amazed at what that stuff does, one engine we had to purge it twice, both times, it plugged oil filters tight enough the engine would lose oil pressure, install a new filter and give it another go.
    Google all of their oil videos, a real eye opener !!

Iowaboy1

Glenn, I had to do heart surgery in house after I found out what this thing cost and what it will take to pay for it!!!!
    Kind of funny ya know, there I stood, with my heart in my hand working on it like it was an old carburetor, thankfully the arteries were long enough I could turn it over to work on the other side without passing out from lack of blood flow.
    Once I had it back in my chest and zip tied the opening shut, well, I dont remember much after that but Sparkles said I was mumbling something about why there was a built by #7 badge riveted to my heart.

rsee

Congratulations on your new toy! I’m sure you will get great use of it considering the fuels and oils out there.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

too many boats dont use ten gallons of gas during an entire summer here.

10 gallons gets me about 2 hours in my Nautique!

Cool new machine!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Very cool!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Glenn, I had to do heart surgery in house after I found out what this thing cost and what it will take to pay for it!!!!
    Kind of funny ya know, there I stood, with my heart in my hand working on it like it was an old carburetor, thankfully the arteries were long enough I could turn it over to work on the other side without passing out from lack of blood flow.
    Once I had it back in my chest and zip tied the opening shut, well, I dont remember much after that but Sparkles said I was mumbling something about why there was a built by #7 badge riveted to my heart.

rotflol rotflol rotflol

so does this mean your gonna hve to return that rail tanker of jack??? blush doah

Iowaboy1

Heck no Glenn ! I am going to re-distill it and use it for fuel to heat the shop!

I better add a disclaimer here as I dont want folks to think I am a full time severe alcoholic!!
    The back and forth with the Jack number 7 is a standing joke that has been carried on for many years here.
    Yes, I do indulge on the weekends and yes, sometimes I get a bit carried away when there are friends gathered.
    I will never allow it to affect my work!!!! I have too much to be responsible for.

And besides, who would Iowaboy1 be if there isnt some silliness involved??

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Heck no Glenn ! I am going to re-distill it and use it for fuel to heat the shop!

I better add a disclaimer here as I dont want folks to think I am a full time severe alcoholic!!
    The back and forth with the Jack number 7 is a standing joke that has been carried on for many years here.
    Yes, I do indulge on the weekends and yes, sometimes I get a bit carried away when there are friends gathered.
    I will never allow it to affect my work!!!! I have too much to be responsible for.

And besides, who would Iowaboy1 be if there isnt some silliness involved??

peace rotflol rotflol you do know the first step IS admitting you have a problem!!!! tongue at least thats what they told me once!!!!! doah

AK Guy

I wish I lived close enough to you to have you maintain my motors. You know your stuff.

The SCRATCHER
    spring valley mn

Good for you Sheldon! How can the best mechanic I know get better? Well ole #7 just did!! Good job sir

MX1825

Good luck with the new toy Sheldon. Carry on!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

iowaboy gets all the fun toys!!!!! whistling wave rotflol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.