Open water!!

• Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

I tagged along with a friend yesterday at B.O. and had a decent day. We caught a variety of fish including crappie, channel catfish, walleye, carp, and wiper. Nothing in big numbers of fish but we thought we did well considering the stiff Southwest wind. Boat control was key today and that makes it tough to stay on top of schools of fish while presenting a verticle presentation. I used a 1/8oz. perch GoDevil from BfishN Tackle tipped with a fathead minnow. The wiper in the picture was taken on a GoDevil. Those baits are great!! I can’t wait to use them on the ice!!!

tomich
    Omaha, Ne

Nice work Ben! I think your subject should be “Open Water For NOW” I think a big change is in the works

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

We need several weeks of ice cover just to help get the shad populations in check!! It’s been tough trying to catch fish that aren’t hungry!! A month or two of ice fishing would be great!!

pete meister
    Nebraska

Nice to see ya Tomich!! Ben I should have been there but I had to hold down the MEISTER DADDY DAYCARE.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

We should have talked my wife into wrestling those boys all day!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

You da man, Ben!!! Getting out and getting a wiper or two this time of year is just what the dr ordered, I bet.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Very nice Ben!

I think ice is on the way…

walleye4
    On the Water

Man Ben, you should be pulling the boat down south. The walleye action is pretty good right now. If it wouldn’t have been for a ICE STORM I might have gone down this weekend.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Where are we going walleye4??

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

With the looks of the forecast we may be ice fishing for them!!! I’m ready when ever you guys are!!

walleye4
    On the Water

Wilson in KS

I will probably have to work and won’t get to do anything! Hope we get caught up at work so I can go fishing soon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.