Looking for a resort this summer

• markmoran
    Rochester MN

Anyone heard good or bad about Shing Wako resort it is on Lake Edward. I don’t know anything about the lake either so any info there would be great! Thanks guys

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Good Panfish and Bass lake. I will find out more on Tuesday as my father will be in town then.

Ron

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Is this Lake Edward just North of Brainerd?

FDR

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Yeah just north of Brainerd

Sportland Bait

Great all around lake. Lots of pike, bass, sunfish and a few walleyes. Hasn’t been fished much the last few years with the low water situation at the public access. You should be ok if puting in at a resort.

Jason Erlandson

deerwoody
    Deerwood,MN.

My girlfriends parents live across the road from that resort and I know the people are good and the fishing can be awesome out there.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I know exactly where that is,, My inlaws have a cabin a few blocks away. I stayed at their cabin last year and the water level was so low you had about a 200′ walk just to get to the dock./ It was wierd to see to say the least.. You walk to the shoreline and all the docks are wayyy out in the water. I have a pick of my truck about 150′ into the lake backing up the boat. Will see if i can find it and post it for you. I have a hard time believing that the resort you’re looking at is in much better shape,, maybe they can dig it out a bit but it’s tough. I went in mid June and the sunnies were ON. no walleyes though. I would call and find out the lake situation from last year and go from there. but the resort faces to the west and the sunsets are awesome, the water is super clear and the lake floor on that side is awesome.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Here are some pics. pretty wild

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Thanks buster! My wife is more interested in what the resort offers and not so much the lake, but if it is goig to pose a problem I would have to talk to her about that is the lake fishable? or is it in rough shape overall?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I dont know what it was like at the resort but I would imagine it’s the same thing,,and it’s my understanding it’s been that way for a few years. Good luck but if you plan on fishing I know there are plenty of lakes out there where you dont have to risk losing your truck to get the boat in the water.

In fact, I found a beauty a little further north that I booked this week,, I did a fair amount of research and can give you some good ideas. PM me and we can chat a bit. Later.

OohMiracle
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Sullivan’s resort on north long lake.
    They have cabins and camping sites. Nice beach for kids.game room, Indoor pool and hottub.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.