Help on Alexander and Fishtrap

• z-man
    Dousman, WI

Heading up Alexander on Sept 16 for my first time there. Joining 8 other guys, most from WI, who’ve made this annual outing for over 10 years. We’re renting cabins on Alexander, but may trailer over to Fishtrap a day or two as well. All of the group mostly target walleye with a bit of musky chasng and have done pretty well over the years, generally the same week. While I also will chase eyes much of the time, was wondering about the crappie and gill bite this time of year. They catch some incidental to fishing for eyes, but not being an avid pan fisherman, not sure what the game plan ought to be to target crappie this time of year.
    Anyone familiar with these lakes to offer suggestions?

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I can’t help you with either of these lakes, but Shamineau is only a couple miles away. The Muskie fishing is really good out there especially in the fall. For walleyes, target the weedlines with leeches and redtails in 18-20 feet on the North and West side of the lake. They seem to bite best early in the morning or after dark. Good luck!

z-man
    Dousman, WI

Thanks for the info on Shamineau. We have all week to fish, so I’m sure we’ll trailei over there one day for the skis.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.