Brainerd Area

• Rick Janssen

Just spent a WONDERFUL week in the Brainerd/Nisswa area. Weather is darn near perfect all week. I had a sweatshirt on in the early morning, but was in shorts by noon. Warm enough for water play in the afternoon. Fishing was OK, nothing huge, but caught plenty to keep everyone excited. DIL caught the biggest crappie at 14.5. We caught lots around 12″. Northern were plentiful, but none too big (27″ was biggest). Bass were few and far between and the biggest was only 15.5″ Family had a great time, it was hard to go home. When my son arrived back in South Carolina, it was 99 degrees.

Charles

What lakes did you fish this weekend? I didn’t get a chance to go out.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

On our way home yesterday my Dad who left before us gave us an update on a backup in Jenkins due to the craziness going on in Pequot, and thought I’d check out my google maps on the phone to see any other routes not really expecting much from the app being it was rural MN.

Sure enough there was the backup right at Jenkins. Really got me thinking how in the ell do they come up with the data for this other than tracking everyone on the road through their phones. Kind of scary.

Don’t want to sidetrack thread just thinking out loud. But yes you really couldn’t have asked for better weather, glorious.

Nice fish!! toast toast

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

The Google tracks everyone that clicks on the disclaimer, they know everything.

mnrabbit
    South Central Minnesota

On our way home yesterday my Dad who left before us gave us an update on a backup in Jenkins due to the craziness going on in Pequot, and thought I’d check out my google maps on the phone to see any other routes not really expecting much from the app being it was rural MN.

I got the same update from my Dad who left before us. I got on Hwy 1 in Pine River and took it down to Randall. I was pleasantly surprised! Hwy 1 might become my new travel route on busy travel days.

Rick Janssen

We stayed on Upper Cullen Lake – only lake we fished all week.

Hoyt4
    NULL

Upper where I have caught my biggest eyes on. Also very good for gills.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

I got the same update from my Dad who left before us. I got on Hwy 1 in Pine River and took it down to Randall. I was pleasantly surprised! Hwy 1 might become my new travel route on busy travel days.

Shhhh

Evan Pheneger
    Hastings, MN

Really got me thinking how in the ell do they come up with the data for this other than tracking everyone on the road through their phones.

That is exactly what they do, ping every phone that allows location services to google. Boom, you have your instant traffic updates.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.