Boy am I glad September is finally over….

• Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

It has been a LONG month for me….
    1st off (as I posted earlier) on the 4th I had a small stroke….
    Recovery for that was going great and I had plans to get in on the fall sunny fishing (September is a great time down here) in between the follow-up DR visits when another monkey wrench was thrown into my plans..
    An ultrasound was done on my heart and they found what they call a triple A – Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm – in other words, the walls of the Aorta (the main Artery from the heart to the legs etc.)had swollen from the normal 2.5 cm to 8.4 cm !!
    Needless to say a quick surgery had to be done before it ruptured…..the odds of surviving a rupture are less than 10%…
    The surgery was done successfully on the 23rd and I’ve spent the last week recovering,and I have a few more weeks to go…..but it looks like I’ll be up to do some Fall-run Walleye fishing soon…then…bring on the ice!
    I guess I am a really lucky guy, for if I would have not had the Stroke, I would have not found out about the Aneurysm until it ruptured…
    So I guess missing a month of fishing was worth it….but it sure feels like a long time…

Thank you God for the second chance )

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Thank you God for the second chance
    AMEN

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Glad to hear everything is ok Mudshark!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

There are far too many people that miss that second chance.

Congrates on all working out for you!

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Glad you’re ok. Three cheers for modern medicine. Absolutely amazing what they can do and how routine it all has become.

Grouse

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Good to hear you made it through all that and came out the other end with only a little missed fishing time.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Sounds like it is all going to work out for the best. Glad to hear that they were able to take care of everything and good luck with your continued recovery!

Dave

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Glad to hear it all went well. Sounds like you had a guardian angel looking out for you.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Good clocks keep ticking! Heart surgery and a stroke in the same month has got to be rough, but it is good to see your positive attitude through it all! Will be praying for a solid recovery for you man!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Be very happy they found the “triple A”. When they say 10% chance of survival, that is if it bursts in the hospital and can get you in surgery immediately. I have seen 3 burst, and have not seen a survivor.

Be very happy you are getting good care, and keep your head up and your attitude positive. Good things will come.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Mud, if you are ever in central Florida, I know the catfish are in the St. Johns river. Just saying.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Glad things are turning out alright. Keep doing what the Docs say and you will be fishing soon.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

A big thanks for the wishes guys )
    I’ll be back in action soon!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.