Bought oil. Got screwed.

• CaptainMusky

Ever hear the stunts people pull with stuff they buy off Amazon?

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

Unfortunately this happens at places all the time. Just in the last 2 years it has happened with me on shoes, fishing reels, and batteries. I once saw a special telling these scum bags how to reattach the safety seal in extreme detail. At the end of the clip you couldn’t even tell the product was open.

Hodag Hunter
    Northern Wisconsin

Good reminder for me to be more diligent checking all container seals before purchase.

In the early 1980s I worked at Total Sports in the Twin Cities. Their return policy was so slack the number of “never used” orange jackets returned the week after deer season was staggering. Some had blood stains. One had a half of sandwich in the pocket. Some people’s kids……

Lou W

I’ve had similar issues at Home Depot. Particularly with irrigation valves. They replace the valve, put the used one in a the box and return it. HD doesn’t check their returns

trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

Add COSTCO to the list… chatted with an employee about a customer buying a complete set of outdoor patio furniture and returning after the graduation party……..with stains…

Good Grief….

Cooperman
    Nevis, Mn.

I don’t know why people go through all the trouble with returns? I hear now you can just grab what you want and walk out of the store.

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Add COSTCO to the list… chatted with an employee about a customer buying a complete set of outdoor patio furniture and returning after the graduation party……..with stains…

Good Grief….

Aw c’mon, you never bought a circular saw to build a deck with, and returned it afterwards??????

HRG

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

Stand in line at the Brooklyn Center Walmart return counter once. Quite the drama show. It deserves it’s own live feed.

Deuces

Brooklyn Center Walmart

Good grief I live 5 min away and I don’t even think about going into that $hitshow.

Would be entertaining tho on YT hah

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Yeah this crap is happening more and more though, you really have to be careful on what you buy.

Yes, the point of the post was to warn guys to check the seals on all the oil they and other consumables that they buy. Hopefully, this saves somebody a big headache.

Luckily, I had an extra quart of oil on the shelf so I could get the truck mostly full and then drive to do the return. Would have been a real Charlie Foxtrot if I had gotten two bad jugs of oil.

And standing in line to return the oil, I was treated to the rather heavyset guy in front of me using his cell phone to scratch his ass. I mean he’s literally using his cell phone and working it up his ass crack to scratch that itch WAY in there. You can’t make this sh!t up, what people will do in public.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LOL! No, hah that can’t be made up!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

That’s f#$%ing hilarious Grouse!! Thanks bud I needed that. toast

milemark_714

After reading an article on Bob is the oil guy,I always check seals for tampering.M1 seals can be removed and replaced,Valvoline is almost impossible.Most clerks at Walmart don’t check seal integrity.I had to exchange a jug for a different weight oil,they never checked it.Who knows,someone could empty the original contents and replace with veggie oil.You know,the peanut oil you used for the turkey fry?Scumbags are out there.

Musky Ed

Happened to me one time at Walmart. Guess you could say it was dumb of me not to check the break away ring at the bottom of the cap. What really sucked was it was a 35 min drive ea way to return. Wasn’t really happy with the service counter people at the time. Always check the cap now, and wouldn’t you know, twice I have found jugs on the shelf with the break open rings broken. Really seem like something easily trainable for service employees.

huskerdu

I bought used oil a Wally World about 3 months ago , Blaine by Fleet Farm. They did give me a refund, PIA

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Gee the way Walmart has eliminated the cashiers, maybe they could use those people to check returned products before Walmart puts them back on the shelf sold as new ?

Viewing 16 posts - 31 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.