Border

• cheers

News today has Canada/US border closed for another 30 days

bigpike

I still have another 30 to burn after that before it gets serious for me. My nephews heart might break in two since I already canceled opening day for us and this is our year for Canada.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I’m good if they don’t add another 30.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

June 10th is my date for crossing. Fingers crossed.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Not Canada but supposed to head to Devils Lake June 7th. Nobody can plan anything. WTF???

chubs1018

Not Canada but supposed to head to Devils Lake June 7th. Nobody can plan anything. WTF???

I know, it’s so stressful!!

chubs1018

AGREED, it’s so stressful

TMF89

I’m hopeful that it’ll be open by June. I’m taking it as a positive that they announced another 30 day closure instead of something longer. That means they’ll revisit the issue in about a month, and I think by then we’ll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel and things will start to look much better.

bigpike

It’s also positive that it was mutual agreement. We dont need to ge at odds with our closest allies

orve4

June 8th Morson Ontario Private Island Near Hay Island Lake of the woods

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

June 5th crossing for our group…fingers crossed!

nord

July 19 for my crew.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t think they’re going to open the International Border to Canada or Mexico until at least July, maybe August, for non-essential travel. Just my opinion…

Dustin Tichy

Looks like I might be portaging to the angle instead of driving the end of May? I’d rather drive, fingers crossed!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

June sometime, we hadn’t nailed down dates yet.

Hoping yes, optimistic not really. I desperately want this to clear up and get back to normal. However it’s hard for me to find the underlying logic to back up seeing the borders open.

September as well. If June is cancelled then I’ll do 2 weeks in the fall. Always wanted to do back to back weeks.

bigstorm
    Southern WI

My Canada trip to the English River is (maybe was?) set for the last week of June. While that date isnt ruled out yet, I dont see it as realistic. We may look at rescheduling for August soon. And if that doesnt work, I will look forward Rainy Lake & River in early October (staying on the MN side)

Ripjiggen

I haven’t look into it so I was curious if you are staying on rainy lake let say. Can you fish the Canadian side if you do not touch land or is that completely off limits as well.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I don’t think they’re going to open the International Border to Canada or Mexico until at least July, maybe August, for non-essential travel. Just my opinion…

Theirs our Debbie Downer – Lots of people hoping you are wrong on this one

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Theirs our Debbie Downer – Lots of people hoping you are wrong on this one

I have no skin in the game as I don’t go to Canada and don’t intend to. I hope for everyone else’s sake on this thread and whoever else has plans to do so is able to, however. International borders are tricky and will required mutual agreement from both countries to open up again.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I usually go in June, but I have so little confidence that the border will be open that I haven’t even thought about trip planning. I don’t really even think July is very realistic unless the rate of new infections takes an absolute nosedive in both countries sometime in May.

I just said to a friend that right now I’m sorry to say it, but I think our best chance is maybe a September trip. I hope I’m wrong, but it just doesn’t look good to me for most of the summer.

Grouse

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

Man am I glad that I don’t go until October. I’m going trophy musky fishing on Lake of The Woods. Hopefully by then this will be in the rear view mirror.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.