Boot thermal inserts?

• Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

I have a set of older Sorel boots (very similar to the Caribou) and they are fine in snow and late fall hunting but when the temps get really cold (below zero) the bottoms of my feet cant stay warm even when wearing a set of thick wool socks.

Any ideas for an insert or something to keep the cold rubber bottom from absorbing the heat from my feet? I like the fact that the inserts are removable at the end of the day so I can dry them out as my feet sweat alot also.

Unfortunately my feet get cold easily, am I better off just looking for different boots?

r55945

Cut a pair of inserts out of foil bubble insulation, reflexit or whatever it’s called. It will keep you feet alot warmer. Put it under the felt liners.

Crappy Fisherman

2X I’ve been using Refletic for years. Just take the felt liners out and use them for a pattern. A magic marker works good. Stick them under the felt liners and your good to go. They will last a few years and then you might have to cut a new pair.

bullcans
    Northfield MN

Cut a pair of inserts out of foil bubble insulation, reflexit or whatever it’s called. It will keep you feet alot warmer. Put it under the felt liners.

that’s a great idea!
    Never thought of that. Cut out 2 pair tonight and can’t wait to try this idea out. Seems like a good suggestion.
    Thanks for the input waytogo

Savage Brewer
    Savage, MN

Thanks for the ideas, today I found out the Sorels I have are not exaclty Caribous, but the same model but without the “bonded felt frost plug” meaning it doesnt have as much insulation on the bottom.

I was at “GM” today and found some Yaktrax Thermal Insoles that look like they should help alot. There is a layer of Radiantex on the bottom with then a layer of blended felt and then a layer of wool felt on top.

Also another person I talked to mentioned also wearing a thin moisture wicking sock liner inside my Wool socks to help with my sweaty feet issue.

Supposedly the Sorels I have are one of the last models they made in Canada and built better than the ones they are making today so I hope this works out. Of course it was -15 out on Wednesday when my feet were cold and maybe at those temps no matter what I do they will feel cold.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.