Boat or Stand?

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

With temps nearing 70° this weekend I’m curious to know how many are heading to the tree stand vs. how many are getting out in the boat?

Chalk one up for the boat here. Will hit the Croix Saturday and local lake Sunday. Either way enjoy this perfect fall weather peace

Timmy

I have, at best, 3 weekends to spend deer hunting and the other 49 are open for fishing if I choose. I will be in the stand regardless of the temps.

Here’s to a good, safe weekend for ALL, no matter how you spend it! toast

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Outdoors, that’s for sure.

CBMN
    North Metro

I will also be in the boat this weekend…
    Skipping the MN firearms season in MN this year and only doing Wisc season.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Probably in the yard doing projects, maybe sneak out on Tonka for a bunch of walleye? -)

Reef W

Neither, pheasant hunting!

Nice Fella

Iowa cornfields for ringnecks. Hope my dog doesn’t spontaneously combust with this warm weather. Pool or a pond, pond would be good for her. (Caddyshack reference) grin

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Neither,,,,,,,,,, probably go shoot some tree rats.

tim hurley

Boat-meat guys will be looking for warm and hairy critters, hooray! Deer should be open all year (not rifle though, IMO)

dbright
    Cambridge

I drove up north to hunt but very tempted to turn around and go home fishing.

bigpike

Boat. Whats a stand?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Boat.
    If my wife knew I went deer hunting she would shoot me. blush

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Boat for sure. EYES for the freezer I hope. Don’t get much time for ice fishing so a fish supper in the winter must be caught now.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I need to stay home and analyze my spreadsheets for Tuesday. With all the high class ads on TV these days it’s hard to figure out if anybody is taking the high road. crazy

Thank God for the PACS to bring integrity and honestly to our political process. jester

Back to topic………..see your target before pulling the trigger, wear your life jackets. waytogo

Jonesy

Never hunt so it’s just the boat for me

Iowaboy1

I am going to stand in my boat when I get tired of sitting in it HA!!
    hope this weather keeps up until June,then it can get nice!!
    but I will be fair,if you want cold,you can have it,just keep it in your area please!!

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

I had surgery this week so I’m relegated to the couch in this beautiful Fall weather. (

Mike Johnson
    Nashua Iowa

I hunted in the morning and fished in the afternoon. The fishing was a lot better than hunting today. The bite was awesome.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Fished for the fabled walleye in the morning and the magical sturgeon in the evening with a nap in between.

Now kicking back with a cold Hamm’s. Life doesn’t get much better. )

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Stand in a bar toast toast

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Boat for me also. With lots of people hunting the lake is really quiet. Nice and relaxing.

fishmantim

Boat, no deer hunting this year.

Tyler Kalishek
    Cedar Falls, IA

Boat the last 4 days. Hope to get out 4-5 days next week. Chasing smallmouth and getting a few bonus walleye for the freezer!

?????

Sorry hunted in the AM got our deer byt 10 am, then went fishing in the afternoon and filled out on Saturday, walleyes and perch. Went duck hunting this morning and filled out on northern mallards!! We were the only boat hunting the area and it is a popular area. Cant ask for a better weekend!! Plenty of vennsion 2 deer, 12 mallards and then 8 Walleye, and a limit of 11 to 12″ perch, not often we get this, truly blessed!! good luck to everyone. We got really lucky but blessed as well. That is why we live here!!! Spent the rest of our time cleaning our ducks and fish then butchering our deer, no spare time, busy weekend to get it all in but again truely blessed and lucky!! Just finished the cleanup and butchering, long weekend but and alot of time but wow we got really lucky, best ever in my memory.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I need to stay home and analyze my spreadsheets for Tuesday. With all the high class ads on TV these days it’s hard to figure out if anybody is taking the high road. crazy

Thank God for the PACS to bring integrity and honestly to our political process. jester

Back to topic………..see your target before pulling the trigger, wear your life jackets. waytogo

Blue
    Pounding Signs,Door Knocking,Phone Banking.
    Taking the high road on the Hill

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Sorry hunted in the AM got our deer byt 10 am, then went fishing in the afternoon and filled out on Saturday, walleyes and perch. Went duck hunting this morning and filled out on northern mallards!! We were the only boat hunting the area and it is a popular area. Cant ask for a better weekend!! Plenty of vennsion 2 deer, 12 mallards and then 8 Walleye, and a limit of 11 to 12″ perch, not often we get this, truly blessed!! good luck to everyone. We got really lucky but blessed as well. That is why we live here!!! Spent the rest of our time cleaning our ducks and fish then butchering our deer, no spare time, busy weekend to get it all in but again truely blessed and lucky!! Just finished the cleanup and butchering, long weekend but and alot of time but wow we got really lucky, best ever in my memory.

That is the Minnesota Trifecta! Well done, that is awesome!

?????

Went and bought a lottery ticket to if a guy can get that lucky hopefully it may hold up a few days longer. HA HA.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.