Boat Launch Changes for this year?

• G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Was going to put in my season-pass form for the Hudson boat launch but they have a note on the top that the launch will undergo what looks to be a major reconstruction (increasing the number of parking spots, able to be open at higher water levels, etc.). I’m wondering if that means the launch will be un-usable most of time, during the construction? Not sure I want to pay $80 and then not be able to use the launch. There is some indication the launch may not open at all until the 4th of July holiday, and then there would be ongoing construction through October in the parking area north of the actual launch?

https://hudson.civicweb.net/document/25061/Discussion%20and%20possible%20action%20to%20approve%20the%20b.pdf?handle=85BB4B5C2FDF439AB3F961E8C46543B6

Also, anyone have any update on the planned new launch that is supposed to open this spring, by the St. Croix Crossing bridge in Oak Park Heights? I found a few articles from some time ago that indicated it should be open this year but there was still some discussion with the railroad company for access?

the_hat
    SE Metro

The access being built in Bayport under the new bridge won’t be done until September I believe. The last article said they were working through the legal process with the railroad to transfer ownership of the needed land to route the road in correctly, and they move slooooow.

I wish it would be ready this spring but no dice!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

The Hudson Boat launch information is consistent with the information I’ve heard from a buddy who’s dad works for the Parks Department. He indicated the launch would not be open until the 4th of July. He didn’t say anything about ongoing construction on the north parking spots but it wouldn’t surprise me. Hoping they don’t have issues going with the low bid contractor. I don’t think I will be buying a season pass this year since half the summer will be done by the 4th. Might way to see how if progresses and when it really opens before pulling the trigger on a pass. Launching on the Croix is going to suck this year.

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

“Skid Steer Guy” jester

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

“Skid Steer Guy” jester

Exactly. Looks like the guy does Residential Landscaping and snow removal. What could possibly go wrong with this?

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dandorn wrote:</div>
    “Skid Steer Guy” jester

Exactly. Looks like the guy does Residential Landscaping and snow removal. What could possibly go wrong with this?

Have to hope they had some criteria for actual qualifications before they accepted bids – that said, “Skid Steer Guy” doesn’t provide a sense trust in their abilities.

Jay Tegeder

I drove by the construction site a few weeks ago and there was activity. Don’t know if it was the construction crew or the railroad. I had heard it was supposed to be done by this Spring. I’ve checked the DNR website and haven’t found much information. What a surprise that the DNR page doesn’t have information on the project.

G_Smitty
    New Richmond, WI

Drove to the Hudson launch today – only signs of activity so far is that all the trees around the existing lot and where the north lot will be have been cut down. Sign said something about period where the launch will be closed this year – I figure once they dig up the pavement, nobody is launching there until it is all done.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.