Boat Insurance

• John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Which boat insurance companies have good rates and good service? Im looking for a change. Thanks!

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Justin Schneider
    Woods and water insurance.
    Ido fella.
    952-938-9190 or 952 938-9083
    I have 2 boats through him, I have friends through him too that have had multiple claims and they both say he is great. I hope I never have to find out…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Progressive has a reputation of being cheap AND the reputation for getting what you pay for. Most guys find out when they make a claim how crappy of insurance they have. Justin is an independent so he can shop it out. Just make sure you let him know what your expectations are and he’ll match a policy

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Justin Schneider
    Woods and water insurance.
    Ido fella.
    952-938-9190 or 952 938-9083
    I have 2 boats through him, I have friends through him too that have had multiple claims and they both say he is great. I hope I never have to find out…

Have not had to do a claim with Justin, but he has always been very helpful getting my insurance needs met. I’ve recommended many friends to him and have never heard a complaint.

gixxer01
    Avon, MN

Progressive has a reputation of being cheap AND the reputation for getting what you pay for. Most guys find out when they make a claim how crappy of insurance they have. Justin is an independent so he can shop it out. Just make sure you let him know what your expectations are and he’ll match a policy

My experience with Progressive has been positive. Wife totalled our car in May and had some medical bills involved also. Claim was handled timely and payments also. Their valuation of the vehicle was favorable also.

It would have been nice to have an insurance agent to handle it for us, but we came out of it no worse for wear.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I’d have to add… I have Progressive on the house, and all my toys. I’ve had claims on it all one time or another – nothing but top notch service all the time. And I mean so much so that I couldn’t have ever asked for anything better. Just my experience.

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

Are you guiding and fishing tournaments??? If so, this will make a difference from just recreational boat insurance.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Thanks for the replys! I will try both places out.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

Mostly recreational and a few of AIM MN tournaments. I have gone through American Family in the past. They have been good, but the premium seems high.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I have am fam but they went outside of policy and I have markle. I had a major claim and was very happy how it went. Reasonable rates too. They never bumped the premium up after the claim.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Auto and boat are two totally different things when it comes to progressive.

I thought they had a pretty LITE insurance package for the amount of fishing I do.
    I am happy with progressive to insure everything else, but NOT my boat.

My boat is insured under allied, but I’m presently quoting everything again, since I moved to sconny.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

I went with Justin too, good rates and top notch coverage. I haven’t had to make a claim yet, but I should be covered for pretty much anything.

Contrary to popular belief, there is actually quite a few nuts and bolts that go into a marine insurance policy and these often vary widely between insurance carriers. Some carriers allow tournament use, some forbid it. Some carriers cover indirect losses such as a blown powerhead after your impellor has sucked up weeds and caused the water pump to fail while some don’t. Some carriers also have a clause in their policy that allows them to repair your boat by whatever means is most cost effective to them, which typically means replacement parts from China.

Boat insurance is typically not an area that a majority of insurance agents concentrate their efforts so it’s important to ask questions and make sure your agent can provide these answers to help you understand exactly what your coverages are and how you would be covered in the event a claim were to arise.

big_g
    Isle, MN

We have everything through Farmers Insurance… no claims, no headache ! Who has your home and auto ? Does Liberty have 1 model year newer replace on boats ??? ??? jester doah crazy

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I highly recommend looking into NBOA Marine Insurance. Its all they do and they are awesome to deal with. They are one of the largest policy writers for progressive. I have mine threw another company they use. I highly doubt anyone will beat their quote!! And you will be getting the best insurance. Ask for Mike Wallace. 1-800-248-3512

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

I’d recommend Justin as well. He’s a great guy as everyone has stated but the proof is in how they handle a claim. I banged up my last Ranger pretty good and he helped me get it patched up in days. waytogo waytogo

big_g
    Isle, MN

Insurance… you only need it…when you need it doah ( I too love having an actual agent, call me old fashioned I guess) smile

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

I have Progressive Ins. and have had 1 claim. Was paid in full the day the adjuster looked at it. It took a couple hours to get it done but that is about normal for any claim.I also get it through an independent agent so I have an extra voice to help in case of a problem. Funny part about it is the next year my premium went down. ????

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.